This app lets you try the effect of different electoral (voting) systems. Their task is to calculate number of seats (typically) in the parliament from given number of votes for each political party. Systems may give proportional results, or prefer larger or smaller parties.
- method (D'Hondt, Hare, Hagenbach-Bischoff, Imperiali, ...)
- division into electoral districts
- thresholds for parties and alliances
- threshold may be applied to county or district result
- total number of seats
- bonus for winner
The app also calculates several proportionality indices, and comes with a few election results in real countries.
Pre-election simulator lets you try, what if some parties formed a coalition instead of competing alone. Does the electoral system assigns more mandates? How much more?
Includes icons from Icons8.com
- Fix crash when party making a coalition with itself
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.