The "Most Innovative Game" award-winning multitouch puzzler is back!
Use your fingers to control all the planets, fuse planets together until they become giant, or split them into halves until they become tiny, you're in charge of this reactive universe. Just don't let different colors touch!
Eliss is an award winning and critically praised game, with innovative multitouch gameplay, a stylish and fluid procedural design, dynamic sounds, and a superb soundtrack. It's a fast-paced puzzle/action game that will push your limits as a player.
Eliss Infinity includes:
• Infinity, a new game, this time endless and score based. Line up bigger combos to increase your score and receive larger powerups. This is the most fun and replayable Eliss has ever been.
• Odyssey, the original game with its 25 levels, polished and this time with an interactive tutorial, and an unlockable music arpeggiator.
• Spacebox, a new mode where you can generate planets and play with them without losing. Train your skills, release your stress, or let the younger children play.
• A new slick look, and new features like warnings of future collisions, for a more pleasurable experience. And for the nostalgic, the option to revert to the original look.
• More music: two epic songs for Infinity, along with the four superb songs from Odyssey.
• Universal support. For the first time, Eliss works natively on all iOS devices and screens. This game has never felt this great.
• Sync. Your progress can be saved on your Game Center account, so you can continue playing from any device, and multiple users can make their own progress on the same device.
• Leaderboards and challenges. Accept a challenge from a friend and track it from within the game.
• All of this wrapped within an original, brand new big pixel interface, beautifully designed from scratch. This game feels as splendid as your iOS device.
Praise for the original Eliss:
* "A puzzler that's perfect for the iPhone."
* "There's no game in the AppStore that uses multitouch so fully. Eliss is not to be missed."
* "A multitouch marvel and indie favourite. This is puzzle gaming at its most intuitive."
* "There's nothing else like Eliss."
Cult Of Mac:
* "The multi-touch controls are a revelation."
* "One of the most essential games for the platform."
- new: Game Center achievements,
- new: Gems (achievements counterparts within Eliss interface),
- new: Infinity score displays visualization of recent supernovas,
- new: immediate visual feedback shows if planet should be bigger or smaller,
- new: planet-grab anim and sound,
- improved: damage sound now positional making it easier to locate collisions by sound when using headphones,
- improved: portals will now only rarely overlap,
- improved: removed 5 fingers limitation on iPad, now allows up to 11,
- new: unlocking a mode displays an animation during game,
- new unlock flow: tutorial -> infinity -> odyssey after 5000 pts -> sandbox after 3 sectors,
- improved: Infinity difficulty: gentler difficulty curve until 4000 points,
- improved: Odyssey difficulty: less supernovas required in many sectors,
- improved: tutorial better at teaching disc-portal matching, collision, multitouch and infinity combos,
- improved: infinity nova score to stay on screen longer,
- improved: pause takes to modes screen instead of home,
- improved: resume button more obvious,
- improved: help pages,
- improved: arp button now in Odyssey screen (appears after beating sector 1),
- fixed: bug with syncing offline progress with online progress,
- fixed: bug with infinity best score flag,
- and more miscellaneous tweaks and fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Okay, this game has a simple yet hard to master concept and has a lot of potential. But honestly, I think that only people with iPads should buy this. Eliss Infinity stresses the use of all your fingers which means that you would be laying your iDevice on your lap or something to have access to all fingers. I found it very difficult to get by using only my thumbs as Eliss Infinity is actually pretty hard. And even with my device laying flat, I found it really hard to use all my fingers as the iPod Touch 5G really isn't that big. So I would recommend you purchasing this only if you have access to an iPad. Anyone with a smaller device should stand back. Also, I found Eliss Infinity a bit overpriced for the amount of content it offered. Im just glad I got this while its on sale. Im giving it three stars.
A uniquely multitouch experience
First, let's get this out of the way: this game is hard. Especially past the first 10-12 levels. For that reason, it is probably best on iPad, and not for those that don't enjoy a challenge. The beauty of this game is that it's an experience no other device can replicate. Most games on iOS could easily be replicated on your computer or console... Not this. This takes full advantage of and require multitouch. It's one of the few games that's true about. For that reason alone, it's worth playing. I loved the original version, and Infinity improves it all around.
A pleasant space dance
Eliss Infinity makes me feel happy when I play it. The rules are simple and yet the geometric mastery required to maneuver your circles successfully is difficult to master. This creates a perfect game loop, easy to grasp, difficult to master. Playing, and hearing this game elicits pure joy every time.
Mo highly recommend not only buying this game, but investing your precious time in its relaxing ambiance.
- Little Eyes LLC
- 49.4 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2013 Steph Thirion
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.