By Ananda Church of Self-Realization
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn the Energization Exercises to awaken your inner source of energy!
Paramhansa Yogananda, author of Autobiography of a Yogi, created these exercises. Based on ancient teachings and eternal realities, Yogananda explains that the whole physical universe, including man, is surrounded by, and made of cosmic energy. We can, through the act of our will, release tension that blocks the energy flow to our body and mind, and draw on this infinite storehouse of life-force all around us. Through daily use of these exercises we can systematically recharge our bodies with greater energy and train our minds to understand the true source of that power.
The full set of Energization Exercises is comprised of 39 individual exercises. Once you become familiar with the routine, it takes about 10–12 minutes to practice.
- Diagrams of all of the exercises
- Optional detailed or brief audio guide for each exercise
- A Principles of Energization Exercises e-booklet (press the "i" info button in top right corner of second screen to access)
- A counter to track your progress
The app is based on the book "Energization Exercises" from Crystal Clarity Publishers.
“The whole purpose of true exercise is to awaken the inner source of energy which we have ignored throughout our lives.”
-- Paramhansa Yogananda
What's New in Version 1.0.2
It is busy working bringing the EE's into Dwapara Yuga. Changes this round include:
- Improved resolution and display of title page graphic
- Updated link to Autobiography of a Yogi to info sub-page at end
- Added informational link to Ananda.org to info sub-page at end
- Exercise 23 & 33 images each reversed the two images to match correct order
- Corrected title of 16 to Skull Tapping and 18 to Medulla Massage
- Bug fix: easier to press settings icon in iOS 7
- Bug fix: audio now shuts off quickly when entering Settings page
On my home page
I have been doing Yogananda’s Energization Exercises for a couple of weeks before I found this app. This is now my preferred support in doing my exercises (vs audio in my hear or following a video.) It’s very helpful. The audio is clear. You can choose whether you want a detailed audio guidance through each move or a calling out of the name. The screens with a drawing of each exercise is synced to the audio. The buttons and screens are responsive. The design is intuitive.
Another thing that I like about the app is how it tracks how often you have used the app.
The developers are responsive as well - I had sent an email with a couple of suggestions. I definitely recommend this app.
Convenient way to recharge with Yoga Ananda's energization exercises
Simple and practical means to take these essential exercises from Yogananda's teachings out in the world or at home. I highly recommend these to students of Yogananda's teachings. The individual energization exercises are demonstrated with good graphics and with vocal guidance from a long time practitioner. All 39 exercises are included, as well as the Master's prayer. Thank you to the great souls who helped put this together.
I love this app! It is so helpful to have the audio along with visual. The sound quality is excellent and the flow is paced perfectly. I have been doing the exercises for the last few days and feel really good. Thank you!
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jan 09, 2014
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 36.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ananda Church of Self-Realization
- © 2013 Crystal Clarity Publishers
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.