English Counties for iPad
By Stuart Woolley
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A great educational reference for young learners and adults alike!
English Counties for iPad shows all 48 of the ceremonial (or geographic) counties of England (excluding the City of London) as of 1998, which is still valid in 2012. This arrangement is a result of continual reform over the years, with many of the counties having their actual origin centuries ago.
* Clear, detailed, high resolution maps and images
* Full retina support for new iPad
Simply tap on a county to see:
* County Map (Official, if available, or unofficial if not)
* Area (in square kilometres and square miles)
* Administrative Town / County Town
* A selection of major cities / towns in the county
Excellent resource for:
* Learning about the geographic locations of English counties
* Viewing different county flags and how they relate to their counties
* Finding out which major cities and towns reside in which county
* Geographical information such as population and land area
iPhone version also available - look for English Counties on the App Store!
Try before you purchase
* In-app purchase available to remove Ads