By Josh Tway
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
I designed EpochClock to make converting unix timestamps to a human readable date easier. Using the date command required me to stop what I was doing and use the date command to convert the timestamp. Sometimes I'd want the date in a different timezone.
EpochClock accomplishes this, and in an easy to use way. In fact I use it almost every day. The addition of user notifications and detection or human readable dates has made my life even easier.
I hope you all enjoy the app as much as I do. There are a few tunables and features only available in the paid version but core functionality is now free.
* Puts the current unix times in the status bar
* Detect unix timestamps copied to the clipboard
* Detect natural language dates copied to the clipboard
* Easily convert from a timestamp to date and date to timestamp.
* Get a user notification when a date or timestamp is detected. Use the copy button in the notification to copy the converted timestamp or date!
* Easily switch between your 'favorite' timezones. Only UTC and your current timezone are available with the free version.
* Clearly shows when a timestamp has been converted or if EpochClock is using the current time
* Copy the converted time with the push of a button
* When there is not a timestamp to convert the current time is shown for both unix and human readable
* Restrict the range of timestamps that get converted (with in-app purchase)
* Automatically set EpochClock to start and login, right from within the app! (with in-app purchase)
What's New in Version 1.5.2
Would be nice if it showed multiple timezones on popup
This is a useful app! Though I upgraded thinking the multiple timezones would all be shown at the same time on the popup but I guess i misread the feature. Still would be nice to have both UTC and PDT on the popup when copying something to clipboard.
- Category: Developer Tools
- Updated: Apr 24, 2014
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 2.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Joshua Tway
- © 2013 Josh Tway
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Version$1.99