Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
1 out of 2 US physicians rely on Epocrates to enable better patient care by delivering the right information when it’s needed most.
Join over 1 million health care professionals worldwide who use Epocrates in the moments of care:
• Review drug prescribing and safety information for thousands of brand, generic, and OTC drugs
• Check for potentially harmful drug-drug interactions among up to 30 drugs at a time
• Identify pills by imprint code and physical characteristics
• Access timely medical news and research information
• Find providers for consults and referrals in the Provider Directory
• Select national and regional health care insurance formularies for drug coverage information
• Perform dozens of calculations, such as BMI and GFR
• New! Coordinate care securely with HIPAA-compliant text messaging
In addition, disease information, clinical practice guidelines, alternative medications, lab guides, coding and more content is available by upgrading to an Epocrates Plus subscription. A one-year Epocrates Plus subscription is available for $174.99.
The cost will be billed to your iTunes account when your purchase is confirmed.
Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period unless you change your subscription preferences in your account settings. You can manage your subscriptions through your account settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription.
What's New in Version 15.6
* Redesign and visual refresh of the Home Screen
* Surface the availability of premium features to free users under lock
* Logo changes to indicate premium versions for paid users
* New online search functionality that surfaces results across multiple content types
* Feedback feature in Search to collect feedback specific to only search
* Addition of “Recent” and “Specialties” tabs for guidelines, giving access to recently viewed guidelines and guidelines that were recently curated by Epocrates
* In-app password and email reset
* New forgot password flow
* Bug fixes
Previously my favorite app, now a worthless app
I started to type a longer review with a long list of new problems, but every reviewer here is listing them. Here are a brief few:
- Now very inefficient to access a medication and get dosing information. As a physician, the extra time and complexity this adds is unwelcome.
- Ads in the PAID version?!? That's unforgivable. When an app costs > $150, why in the hell would these guys put ads in the fully-paid version? Suicidal?
- Low-contrast blue-on-white text. Makes my eyes bleed.
- Several aspects of functionality now simply GONE, such as being able to rearrange apps or favorites.
- The global search now returns TONS of AthenaHealth bloat, making what you are actually looking for much harder to find.
AthenaHealth bought Epocrates and decided to fix things that weren't broken, and added many layers of corporate bloat to the app.
With Medscape and MANY alternatives available, I suspect we will see the rapidly hemorrhage customers until the current director is fired and someone without an agenda to "improve" everything about Epocrates is hired as a replacement, hopefully someone who has some clue about User Interface Design.
Update causing crashing
I can't even pull up any drug information since updating; it just keeps closing. Unfortunately, an app like this is going to be used by a specific subset of individuals who need it when they need it and if you break it so it's unusable, you won't have happy users...it would be nice to be able to pick which version you would like to use as many times, updates simply don't work for certain people for one reason or another. I'm really sorry I updated this...i thought "what could it hurt?" Now I know...I'm sitting at work needing to look at alternatives for a medication and I can't. Thanks :(
I, like most reviewers here, have been significantly disappointed with some of the more recent updates. This was an app I used on a daily basis and liked the functionality. But now, with the more recent updates, the interface is quite cluttered and more time consuming to traverse. Now, with my latest update, It won't even load any medications. Horrible, especially for an app that cost more than $150!! I will be deleting this app and hope that this company realizes how many customers they are losing and make some improvements to this once excellent app.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Jun 29, 2015
- Version: 15.6
- Size: 54.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Epocrates
- © Epocrates, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Epocrates Plus$174.99