Runkeeper - Track Running with GPS
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Everyone. Every run. Join the community that helps people get out the door and stick with running forever! Track exercise, set goals, sweat, and see progress along the way. Whether you’re working your way up to tracking a 5K goal or deep into marathon training, use the GPS app trusted by 50 million users and counting.
- "This multifunctional app has something for everyone, from beginning runners to those training for a marathon, and folks who prefer to hit the road on two wheels” - SELF
- "Runkeeper is the granddaddy of running apps; it's one of the oldest and most popular, for plenty of good reasons." - CNET
- Track Workouts - Go for a run, walk, jog, bike, or any activity really. With GPS, you’ll get a clear view of your training in real time.
- Set Goals - Have a race, weight, or pace in mind? We can coach you to get there.
- Follow a Plan - We have personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule. And helpful reminders, just in case.
- Stay Motivated - Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends.
- See Progress - This whole running thing works. You track it. We log it. You’ll see the sweat and we’ll show you the numbers to prove it!
- Apple Watch - Leave your phone at home and still track stats to stay informed and motivated. Named App Store Best of 2015.
- Bluetooth Connectivity - Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions.
- Fitness Tracker Integration - Sync Pebble, Fitbit, and other styles in seconds.
- Running Groups - Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on.
- Audio Cues - Choose from 6 motivating voices that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time.
- Training Plans - Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way.
- Routes - Save, discover, and build new routes with GPS.
- Challenges - Stay motivated with exclusive workout experiences and rewards.
- Music - Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify and iTunes integration.
- Partner Apps - Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more.
- Stopwatch Mode - Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place.
- Social Sharing - Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
RUNKEEPER GO (premium)
- Prescribed Workouts - Get a weekly workout schedule tailored to you.
- Progress Insights - See how your runs stack up to each other and get a full view of your fitness journey.
- Live Tracking - Whether it’s training day or race day, share your location with family and friends.
- Weather Data - Look back the local weather for each tracked activity.
*Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 8.1.2
We've added a social overlay to our sharing experience to celebrate the Global 5K! Be sure to share your activities with #RKGlobal5K
Apple Watch App unreliable
I want to love Runkeeper, but the Apple Watch app has been hit or miss since I started using it in May. The phone app is good and I like and subscribe to the personalized training program. But the whole thing is really marred by the Apple Watch experience. The entire point of owning an Apple Watch is fitness! The Runkeeper app just feels like the sort of project they gave to a really talented summer intern and the company now has to maintain. The worst offense currently is that it spontaneously crashes in the middle of a workout. Re-opening the app on the watch then stops the current workout on the phone and deletes it. So now you're 10 minutes into an interval workout and have to piece together something. Totally frustrating.
Great app for exercise
This is an easy to use, comprehensive app that features current and average paces, distance, voice cues, and offers limited free training workouts. I do wish for more free workouts, but it's a free app. You can purchase additional training workouts. The cues can be customized to suit your workout needs. The numbers are large enough to see quickly as you run and the buttons are easy to find. There are settings to track running, walking, biking and more. I have used this app for 4 years and haven't thought about finding a other.
Sign up today! Runkeeper premium keeps me motivated by showing me my progress. It also helps me see when I am letting myself off the hook by not pushing myself. I find it very motivating. Being able to see how today's run compares with yesterday's run and a run a month ago. By keeping track of how far and how fast I run each month I have stayed engaged and motivated. They also email other motivating information. I highly recommend this app. It is easy to use and intuitive.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jul 13, 2017
- Version: 8.1.2
- Size: 141 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Runkeeper Go$9.99
- Runkeeper Go$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99