ESPN: Watch Live Sports and Scores
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ESPN App is the #1 Sports App in the market. The app gives you up-to-the-minute scores and the latest news, live video and audio streaming across ESPN’s networks, and loads of video highlights. Sign in and personalize the ESPN App to get alerts about scores and news from all of your favorite teams and leagues! No matter where you go, take ESPN with you to stay connected the moment you need it, from wherever you are.
What do you get with ESPN?
- Fast access to scores and news from the MLB, NFL, College Football, NBA, NHL, College Basketball, MLS, Esports and more.
- Stories and videos from your favorite teams and leagues up front and center in your favorites feed. Simply pick your favorite leagues and teams to get started.
- Not near a TV or want to stream a second game? You now have one tap access to stream live events, up-to-the-minute news, highlights and analysis from the ESPN family of networks.
- Take your sports wherever your ears go! Stream live national and regional ESPN Radio stations, over 100 other ESPN podcasts, live play-by-play and more — just tap on the headphones to listen.
- Use Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
- Our iMessages extension lets you share live scores with your friends and watch video highlights without leaving your conversation.
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNews, ESPN Deportes, SEC Network, SEC Network +, Longhorn Network, ACC Network Extra, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater, and ESPN Bases Loaded are now available for live streaming through WatchESPN in the ESPN App. Access to WatchESPN live video is determined by your TV provider and package and, in some instances, your Internet service provider. The providers below currently offer access to WatchESPN live video:
* AT&T U-verse
* Bright House Networks
* Comcast XFINITY
* Google Fiber
* Midcontinent Communications
* Time Warner Cable
* Verizon FiOS TV
* Plus many more providers
* Due to contractual limitations with certain content, especially play-by-play broadcasts, there are times when the schedule that's on-air won't match the schedule that's online. While we make every effort to update the schedule, occasionally the nature of play-by-play broadcasting limits our ability to accurately present the latest schedule (ie., rain delays, last minute schedule changes). We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. If you have specific schedule questions, please contact the station directly by visiting their website.
- Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates and to provide feedback on the app: twitter.com/ESPN_FanCentral
- Use the Feedback form in the app’s Settings menu to let us know how we’re doing.
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information. You may also visit Settings in the app to opt out of Nielsen measurement.
What's New in Version 5.9.1
[+] Want to watch your favorite teams play? If your team is on ESPN, it’ll be waiting for you when you open the app! All you need to do is log in with your cable provider.
[+] Bug fixes and performance improvements.
I don't usually write reviews, but I decided to write one because this app frustrates me so much. I follow sports religiously and I like how it gives notifications for my favorite teams, but every time I try to watch videos on here, it crashes. And the videos are so short that I can't watch more than five minutes of sports news without it crashing. And if I'm reading an article and I exit out of the app for a minute to send a text or check my email, I go back and then it brings me back to the homepage. And then I can't finish reading the article because the only way to find it is to click on the notification and after I've clicked on it once, it disappears. Also, it would be nice if full highlights were added for all games, because sometimes it's only certain plays and I would like to see more of the game if I didn't get the chance to watch it.
Do not update to the current version, it takes away many of the components that made the ESPN app great. For one, the new update took away the Now section, which was a great source to get quick news and interesting news articles. I guess ESPN does not want more exposure for their own sports writers...poor decision ESPN. Also, the updated News section is horrible. The pictures and summary take up far too much space and make finding articles I actually want to read way too difficult. There is no need for the summary anyways, if I want to read an article, I'll read it because the title interests me. Come on ESPN, you all should know by now what makes your app stand out. I hope to see an update soon that restores some of these lost features.
Good app but could be great
First off I love all the news that I get from my favorite teams. But then there's only a limited amount of teams that I can choose to follow as my favorites. If ESPN did not have a limit to the number of teams that I could choose I would have added another star. The only other issue that I have is even if one of my favorite teams is playing in a cup (soccer) I do not get any notifications about the game and I don't have the options to change it so that I do. Fix those two issues and add a feature where I can follow a player and I'll give you five stars.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Jul 21, 2017
- Version: 5.9.1
- Size: 54.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- ©2017 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes