Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Evernote Food is all new and now available on iPad!
Evernote is the one app you need for all of your food experiences.
Discover and save delicious recipes and amazing restaurants. Document all your cooking and dining experiences with photos and notes. Share your beautiful meals with the world.
• Explore the best recipes from across the web and save them for later
• Find great restaurants near you or anywhere in the world and add them to your list
• Add photos, notes, & location to remember your food and experiences
• Share your meals with friends through email, Twitter, and Facebook
Bonus: Since Evernote Food is part of Evernote, recipes you clip using Evernote Web Clipper on your desktop computer will also appear in the app. Additionally, anything you save in Evernote Food will show up in Evernote on any device you use.
What's new in Evernote Food 2.0
• Explore Recipes - Thousands of recipes from the best food sites to browse, search, and save.
• My Cookbook - Recipes you save in the app, plus ones you've clipped in Evernote, show up here making them easy to find from any device.
• Restaurants - A location-based list and map view of restaurants that lets you clip and save the ones you want to try and see all the places you've visited.
• My Meals - A photographic journey through all of your past meals and food adventures.
Here are just a few ways you can use Evernote Food:
• Build your own online cookbook using My Cookbook, where you can save recipes you want to try. Use tags to organize them based on diet and ingredients.
• Document each step of recipe preparation with photos and captions, from new creations to family favorites you want to preserve.
• Discover restaurants by location or cuisine and create a list of ones to visit for your city and for travel destinations.
• Remember culinary journeys using My Meals. Add images and notes on the food, wine, people, and ambience that make trips memorable.
• Capture your food memories of special restaurant or home-cooked meals with family and friends. Take note of dishes you love so you can order them again.
Evernote Food is free to download and use. Evernote Premium adds great features across all of the Evernote applications and is available through an auto-renewing subscription.
Two subscription options:
◦ Evernote Premium monthly for $5
◦ Evernote Premium annually for $45
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in the Account Settings after purchase.
Evernote Food is part of the Evernote family of products, which are designed to help you remember everything.
Twitter @evernote @evernotelife
What's New in Version 2.3.3
Not quite ready...
It works well for saving recipes, and I like that I can use the web clipper to clip recipes into an Evernote notebook that automatically imports into Evernote food, although I will probably just continue checking out my recipes in Evernote. I would like Evernote Food better for recipes if it formatted them similar to the way Paprika does - pulling out ingredients from steps, etc.
It’s not very good for Restaurants though. I just got done saving a few hundred bookmarks. Now, the app performs slow. One of the features I liked was being able to pull up a map and see saved restaurants. Since I have so many saved all across the country, the map pulls up the widest area possible and takes forever to load. Then I have to zoom, zoom, zoom in to see where I want to search. It would be better to open the map up in your current location with a small radius, and then have to zoom out to see bookmarks elsewhere.
I also don’t like the inability to add notes. Doesn’t do me much good when someone recommends a particular dish.
Take a look at Matchbook and Varkala - they are heading in the right direction. The only things I don’t like about those apps, and the reasons I am not using them, are 1) I can’t search beyond my current location to look for and add new restaurants in other cities, and 2) I don’t have confidence that my lists are stored, whereas I can see my list in Evernote.
I really like the idea of this app, but I'm not sure about it in practice. Maybe it's just my phone, but the app makes me log in every time I start it or return after switching to a different screen. We're given the option to log in later, but when "later" means "until you click another button," this isn't much of a feature. Giving us the option to stay logged-in would be nice. This aside, photos on the My Meals page rarely load. Photos load perfectly when I view individual meals, but it would be nice to have them load when viewing the My Meals page as well. I'm not sure if these are glitches or features, but I'm not a huge fan.
The UI is beautiful, though! I love the way that the main menu moves, and all of the graphics are beautifully polished. Fantastic job on that front! If one must be incessantly nagged to log in, it's definitely best done with a lovely font and pleasing color scheme.
I loved springpad and used it for my recipes. I could sort by the main ingredient. When springpad shut down I imported all my recipes to evernote but I am not happy with it. I can't sort them by anything other than alphabetical and I downloaded this thinking that it would be better because it's specifically made for recipes. Not so. It's just a list. No way to sort. I think springpad had the best recipe organizer and I would have paid to keep it. For now I'll use evernote but I will be looking for a better way to organize my recipes in the future.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jun 05, 2014
- Version: 2.3.3
- Size: 42.2 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Evernote
- © Evernote Corporation 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Evernote Premium$4.99
- Evernote Premium$44.99