Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Evernote is the modern workspace that syncs between all of your devices. Work everywhere and stay productive:
• Write notes, checklists, and research
• Organize web articles, docs, and photos
• Discuss your work with others, right within the app
• Present ideas without creating a slide deck
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
100 million people use it to move projects forward:
WRITE & ORGANIZE
• Stay focused: write in an uncluttered workspace
• Get things done: make to-do's and checklists
• Attach files: keep Office docs, PDFs, and photos
• Get organized: notebooks and tags keep work tidy
• Find anything: searchable text in notes and photos
DISCUSS & COLLABORATE
• Work chat: discuss notes without leaving the app
• Work together: share notebooks for team projects
• Meeting prep: create agendas and action items
YOUR DIGITAL ASSISTANT
• Make connections: turn biz cards into contacts
• Track expenses: organize receipts, bills & invoices
• Plan travel: save research and reservations
ACCOMPLISH EVEN MORE WITH EVERNOTE PREMIUM
Evernote is free to download and use. Evernote Premium unlocks even more productivity:
• Offline access - work anywhere, even without a connection
• More space - get more done with 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Better search - search inside Office docs and attachments
• Greater privacy - add a Touch ID or passcode lock
• PDF annotation - use shapes and comments to give visual feedback
• Unlimited business card scans - scan biz cards, save to contacts, and connect on LinkedIn
• Presentation mode - turn notes into beautiful presentations, no slides required
Two subscription levels:
1) Evernote Premium: $5.99 monthly, $49.99 annually
2) Evernote Plus: $2.99 monthly, $24.99 annually
"Use Evernote as the place you put everything...don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote" – The New York Times
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
What's New in Version 6.1.1
Various bug and stability fixes
Great App Keeps Improving
I have been an Evernote for Mac user for at least of couple of years. I’m a premium user, which means I pay for the app and I don’t always choose to rate apps after I shell out money for them. I chose to write this because Evernote was an excellent tool when I started using it and it gets better and better. I write notes pretty much 7 days a week. I have a large array of notebooks. I am constantly using “Clip to Evernote” in Safari to save web pages that I need to recall. I share a portion of my notes, loving the simplicity of helping colleagues. I frequently use checklists in notes. I love the ease of using the rich text format, which helps me find things like headings and book titles within notes. The highlight feature gets a workout because it allows me to find a few lines of critical text at a glance.
The biggest reason I use Evernote premium is the search feature. The ability to search for a word or short phrase helps me find important notes from previous work sessions. I also use the reminder features on a daily basis.
One reason that Evernote gets five stars from me is the simplicity of using it on both my Macbook Air and my iPhone. I use Pages on a regular basis for one part of my work and it’s great on my Mac, but it’s a drag on the iPhone. Not so with Evernote!
I love this app but it could use a few things
First and foremost, it’s a great app. The auto-syncing is great, I’ve turned several people onto it, and I love the organization. I chose to use this back when I was switching to Mac OS and OneNote wasn’t available at the time. I’ve been using it for over 2 years now as it works great for taking notes as a college student.
However, the auto-correct is obnoxious because I end up spending more time trying to get it to stop auto-correcting things like names and other proper nouns. Its built-in dictionary can be quite limiting.
The only other issue I’ve had is that there doesn’t appear to be any multi-lingual support. I work with two other languages beside English and because I can’t add a foreign dictionary (that I know of), I have additional problems with the auto-correcting feature. My suggestion would be to either add additional language support or allow users to disable the auto-correct option because if I’ve gone back 2+ times to correct an auto-correct suggestion, I promise I meant to type it that way. From what I can tell, these aren’t features that are available in any of the for-purchase subscriptions but it would be nice to have across the platform.
My go-to app for notes
I use Evernote for business and personal notes, and sync them with the devices I use for both (4 or more). I very rarely run into issues with notes not syncing, or syncing poorly because I edit the same document on different devices. It’s nice that the Mac and iOS Notes app syncs now, but not every device I use is made by Apple, so it’s better for me that I have a 3rd party alternative.
When the app does get screwed up with syncing, fixing the overlapping edits in documents is a big pain. I don’t know of a better way they could handle this, though. The desktop version (this app) is a little too bossy with auto-correct too. You can backspace and fix a word it doesn’t recognize as many times as you want, but it will always “correct" it for you as soon as you finish typing it. I would say that if I go back and edit a word more than once, it should back off and maybe just underline it as a misspelled word like. If this is not Evernote, but rather big brother Apple doing this, then the problem goes deeper than I thought.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 20, 2015
- Version: 6.1.1
- Size: 62.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Cornish, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mongolian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Serbo-Croatian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Evernote
- © 2007-2015 Evernote Corporation
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.5 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Evernote Premium$4.99
- Evernote Premium$44.99
- One year$44.99
- One month$4.99
- Evernote Premium$49.99
- Evernote Premium$5.99
- Evernote Plus$24.99
- Evernote Plus$2.99
- Evernote Premium$49.99
- Evernote Premium$49.99