Exactly brings magazines and newspapers to the iPad and iPhone in their original full-colour format. Each page is delivered just as it appeared in the print edition, but with live links to web sites, phone numbers and more. Access free content from over 80 titles, or use your Exact Editions subscription to read the latest issues on the day they're published.
● Swipe pages left and right, or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
● Switch between single or double-page layout.
● Pinch or double tap pages to zoom.
● Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
● Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
● Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
● Bookmark individual pages or lists of search results.
● Share pages via Facebook, Twitter or other services.
● Tap the star icon to sync for offline reading.
● Network connection required otherwise.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Can't highlight text
Great to reading Music Tech on the go
Exactly is a magazine reader app. I use this app to read "Music Tech" on the go (I can't say anything about any other magazine on their current line up). As most apps, it's easy to navigate through the several issues of your chosen magazine. It's a bit slow when it comes to render each page but if you sync the magazine before you open it, it gets a lot better. On the iPhone screen is obviously small and it takes a lot of zooming and moving around the screen; but that's not the fault of the app. In all, they did a fine product for what it is. I imagine that this will be better if available on the iPad.
Need some improvements
Is app is ok, really it depends on the magazine you are trying to read. Flip book navigation is nice but it really desperately needs two things:
1) offline reading. Currently magazines can only be read while connected, there should at least be an option for caching a few issues for offline use
2) text is scanned, not resolution independant. On the iPad 2 this wasn't too bad and not as noticeable until you zoomed in. On the new iPad it's very obvious and a lot of magazines have parts with quite small type. I compared one version of a magazine issue where I also had a PDF (using rendered not scanned text) and the difference was really remarkable.
- Exact Editions Ltd
- 19.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Copyright © 2018 Exact Editions Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.