Eye-Friendly - Display Resolution Switcher - Standard Ed.
By Jörg Jacobsen
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Display Resolution Switching gets casual.
– Four mice in Macworld review –
– Recommended by Marco Arment (www.marco.org/2013/02/21/eye-friendly) –
Have to get real work done? Get more screen space. Tired after work? Get larger text.
With just a keystroke. In superb sharpness*.
- Use keyboard shortcuts (configurable) to casually step through display resolutions
- Let the location of your mouse pointer decide which display to be affected
- Skip resolutions by hitting a shortcut repeatedly
- Eye-Friendly will display resolution descriptors en passant while you are stepping
- Enjoy superb sharpness (in HiDPI modes*)
- Observe HiDPI and native resolutions tagged as "eye-friendly" and optionally hide any other
Once hooked you won't want to miss Eye-Friendly.
*) HiDPI modes available only on Retina Macbooks or Macs with Quartz Debug installed.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- bugfix regarding logging to "console"
App is ready for OS X Yosemite
I can finally use the full resolution of my retina display without feeling like I’ve got a 640x480 display! (albiet a very pretty one)
I have my 13” MPB Retina running at 1680x1050 and it feels worlds better!
Thank you so much… for the price of a cup of coffee, my productivity has improved no end!
I’m trying to find a solution to use my 1600x900 resolutin external monitor. MacOS doesn’t have that option natively, only 10 alternatives (from 800x600 to 1920x1080), but not this particular resolution. This application only shows 800x600 for the external monitor, which is completely different from the screen shot in the description.
To the company who created this software
I can’t seem to run it on my Apple Mac Mini.
I was enthused when I saw someone wrote an app for eye-friendly display settings.
However, I wanted to make sure that I can fix whatever problem is preventing me from running this app.
When I click it, it does nothing. :(
Please let me know how to remedy this problem by responding here on the thread perhaps, or by requesting my contact info.