By Elgato Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The EyeTV app turns your iPad and iPhone into the ultimate portable television! Access the EyeTV software and hardware running on your Mac at home anywhere you have an LTE/3G or Wi-Fi connection.
• Watch live TV and change channels on the move
• Playback your EyeTV recordings
• Browse the Electronic Program Guide and view detailed information
• Start recordings back home on your Mac immediately or schedule them to record later
• View and edit your recording schedules in the recording list
• Use the free My EyeTV service to connect to your home Mac via the internet
• Stream live TV or your recordings to the big screen via AirPlay
There is no need to reconfigure your local Wi-Fi network. Simply activate the option "iPhone/iPad Sharing" in the EyeTV preferences. Sometimes, fully automatic configuration may not be possible outside of your local network. Please see www.elgato.com/iphonehelp for details.
If you’re using the OS X firewall, be sure to allow incoming connections for both EyeTV and EyeConnect. EyeTV uses port 2170. If that doesn’t let you connect, try turning off the firewall and turning it back on again.
• Mac with OS X 10.6.8 or later
• EyeTV 3.6.5 or later with compatible TV tuner
• iPad Air, iPad (iPad 2 or later), iPad mini, iPhone (iPhone 4 or later) or iPod touch (5th generation) with iOS 7.0.4 or later
What's New in Version 2.0
Welcome to EyeTV 2.0!
Built for iOS 7, this free update introduces a brand-new look and includes many other features and improvements.
Please note: This version requires a Mac with EyeTV 3.6.5 or later.
Terrific for remote recordings or “i wonder what’s on now"
My wife and I don’t watch much TV. I really only watch it when it is intentional.. that is, I don’t channel flip. I watch TV for a specific program. As such, this has been a great app to answer the question “I wonder if it’s worth my time to turn on the TV?”.
Because it gets the listings over the air, whenever my wife and I are thinking about it, we can just pull this app up and look to see what is on, or set a recording schedule for something we want to see in the future. It’s really really nice for that. I haven’t used it to watch TV much, though it seemed fine with that too.
Marked Improvement with recent software upgrades!
My experience with the recent Mac and iOS updates: markedly improved video streaming and audio that is always in sync. Although I had uninstalled the previous version due to steaming interruptions despite confirmed 50 megabits/second download speeds and rock solid wi-Fi, I am glad I invested the time and took the risk to try these upgrades. Very happy, so far.
I read the reviews about the earlier version and decided not to purchase. I was hopeful that the newer version fixed the issues raised in the reviews about the earlier version. I was wrong. This product just doesn't work. Despite repeated efforts get it to work, including spending time on the Help site I am giving up. Generally I get a blank screen. When I do get anything, which is a rare occasion, it is choppy and unwatchable. I have only tried it across my home network
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 20, 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 7.0 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Elgato Systems GmbH
- © 2009-2014 Elgato Systems GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.