By Elgato Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The EyeTV app turns your iPad and iPhone into the ultimate portable television! Access the EyeTV software and hardware running on your Mac at home anywhere you have an LTE/3G or Wi-Fi connection.
• Watch live TV and change channels on the move
• Playback your EyeTV recordings
• Browse the Electronic Program Guide and view detailed information
• Start recordings back home on your Mac immediately or schedule them to record later
• View and edit your recording schedules in the recording list
• Use the free My EyeTV service to connect to your home Mac via the internet
• Stream live TV or your recordings to the big screen via AirPlay
There is no need to reconfigure your local Wi-Fi network. Simply activate the option "iPhone/iPad Sharing" in the EyeTV preferences. Sometimes, fully automatic configuration may not be possible outside of your local network. Please see www.elgato.com/iphonehelp for details.
If you’re using the OS X firewall, be sure to allow incoming connections for both EyeTV and EyeConnect. EyeTV uses port 2170. If that doesn’t let you connect, try turning off the firewall and turning it back on again.
• Mac with OS X 10.6.8 or later
• EyeTV 3.6.5 or later with compatible TV tuner
• iPad Air, iPad (iPad 2 or later), iPad mini, iPhone (iPhone 4 or later) or iPod touch (5th generation) with iOS 7.0.4 or later
What's New in Version 2.0.4
• This version resolves an issue that some users experienced when using the official release of iOS 9.0.
I have Eyetv 3.6 running on a 2011 Mac mini 2.5 i5 w/ SSD serving tv and recording for 2 iPads.
Overall streaming works okay. Even at its highest quality setting its more pixelated and choppy than my Directv hd I used to have, but it works. Overall layout is nice and clean.
It takes a about 15-20 seconds sometimes for it to recognize the Mac and start serving tv.
I have not been able to get EPG to work on the iOS client even though I've paid for the yearly TV guide subscription and it works fine on Eyetv for Mac. I've emailed Elgato about this.
You can't channel surf. Each time you want to change the channel you have to go back to the guide which is annoying.
Overall I'm kinda meh... on it. Most of the features work, it's just kind of slow at times and the streaming quality is just okay.
Doesn’t stream outside of my home network,
I can get the app to work on my iPhone and iPad when at home on the same WiFi network as my desktop, but I’ve tested in various places on WiFi while out and about, at work, etc… and app is never able to connect to my home computer.
Live stream never works. Disappointing that users have to make stream able versions of recorded files, even over LAN. Overall, could be a much better designed and implemented app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 25, 2015
- Version: 2.0.4
- Size: 7.3 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Elgato Systems GmbH
- © 2009-2015 Elgato Systems GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.