FairOption is a powerful and easy to use option pricing tool for the Apple iPhone, developed to efficiently and accurately calculate the theoretical fair option price for traded options.
Options can be used to seek huge profits, generate income, or otherwise reduce risk by hedging an existing trading position. FairOption helps by quickly providing an accurate fair valuation of option prices.
Some Features include:-
• Fast, portable option price calculations using the efficient and long established, Nobel prize-winning Black-Scholes model.
• Use of the more flexible Binomial lattice mathematical model when preferred. (With a fully adjustable number of accuracy time-steps)
• Drill-down with a single tap into any call or put option in order to see its Greek sensitivities. (Delta, Theta, Gamma, Vega, Rho, Omega, Volga . . etc.)
• An absolute minimum of required input, and no need to manually calculate option expiry periods or dates, or manually download any spreadsheets with their inherent risks.
• Full innovative use of Apple’s Core Data technology and animated dynamic display techniques. And with all screens working equally well in both portrait and landscape orientations.
In fact, landscape mode then displays even more (7) scrollable expiry date columns as standard.
• Both Monthly and Weekly options can be priced, as can American and European exercise-style options, . . . and all, either with or without dividends.
• Fast, flexible and controllable updating capability over the internet of the underlying security prices. (Either manually or automatically 'as and when' required)
• Ability to easily verify and compare FairOption’s pricing model results against standard external systems and example calculations.
Also comes with a useful minimum example set of working data and a useful, integrated, comprehensive off-line User Guide (which can easily be printed out from within the App if required.)
With FairOption, you can not only price one option possibility . . . but you are quickly able to see a fully adjustable lattice of options into which you can drill-down further into any one.
• There is also an added ability to quickly adjust the resulting table's strike price interval 'on-the-fly' and the capability to rapidly base all the theoretical option price results automatically on very recent underlying stock levels.
• The whole app was designed and coded by a seasoned and experienced developer, involved in financial software design and option trading since the 80's. He is also a key individual who has been involved in developing real-time price investment software which was marketed by the London International Stock Exchange.
FairOption is 'the Gold Standard' for easy to use and accurate portable option price calculations when you need them . . . both on and off-line.
See the FairOption.com website for a less brief, dynamic video overview.
- Updated in order to provide support for later iPhone screen sizes and IOS versions (e.g IOS 8.1, 9.2 and later) as well as to retain backward compatibility to IOS 7.1+
- Supports iPhone 4, 5, 5s, SE, 6, 6s, 6s Plus - and all properly in Landscape and Portrait phone orientations.
- In version 2.0.0 of FairOption, a brief and limited 30 second Video App Preview is now also available on iTunes for iPhones 5 to 6s Plus models. A longer 3 minute 20 second Video 'run-through' is available on the FairOption.com developer website.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.