Fantastical 2 for iPad - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** 2015 APPLE DESIGN AWARD WINNER **
The award-winning, best-selling calendar app has been redesigned and reimagined for your iPad with iOS 8. With the convenient Fantastical Dashboard, you’ll add, view, and interact with your events and reminders with ease.
"For those who just want to get in, get out, and get stuff done, I strongly recommend Fantastical 2 for iPad." - iMore
"Fantastical works better than Apple’s Calendar and Reminders apps..." - MacStories
"...Fantastical is an app I can recommend to anyone who wants to leverage their iPad as a better calendar." - 9to5Mac
"All the beauty of Fantastical, but now for the iPad. I use it for the Mac and iOS—I [...] love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"... Fantastical 2 for iPad ... refuses to abide by conventional notions of how a calendar should look." - The Verge
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! With dictation*, you can even speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will take care of it.
ONE APP, MANY FEATURES
• The Fantastical Dashboard
- Multiple views let you view your events and reminders just the way you want
- DayTicker, week view, or full-screen week view present your events and reminders with clarity
- Customize your Fantastical Dashboard with a simple gesture
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Powerful parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• Informational event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and flexible repeating options
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation* and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak* your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• Full Accessibility support
* Dictation not supported on iPad 2
What's New in Version 2.4.2
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
I disagree with those reviewers who've labeled the month view as useless or not usable. They seem to want the kind of month view found in Calendars 5 or Apple's Calendar, but Fantastical's continuously scrolling weekly view at the top does this job well enough. That feature, coupled with the continuously scrolling list view below it, makes for a most excellent viewing combination. The month view calendar simply helps put that information into context.
As for the complaint about empty days (not?) showing in list view, the toggle info clearly states that this feature only applies to the DayTicker at the top - not the list view - and only if 3 or more days in a row are empty.
I'd Be Lost Without Fantastical
Truly a fantastic app, both on iPhone and iPad. I have to call out in particular its spectacular customer support which went above and beyond what was required to try to determine the issue with an incredibly particular edge case I had. I can't sing the praises of this app highly enough.
I had a lot of wishes for a calendar app to replace Apple's default offering. I tried a lot of candidates, too... none worth sticking with. Then I found this one, and it deserves its cheesy self-inflating name. I've been using it daily for over a year now.