Fantastical 2 for iPhone - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** 2015 APPLE DESIGN AWARD WINNER **
The award-winning, best-selling calendar app has been redesigned and reimagined for iOS 8, including new features such as reminders, a new week view, and much more!
"Great iOS 7 update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation, you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens or larger)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• 3D Touch, including Peek and Pop, for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
• Accessibility support
What's New in Version 2.6.3
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
WOW! So close to perfect
I have now used this calendar for a short while and am pleased I found this one. I can enter "lunch with mom Thursday at noon" and the calendar app does the rest. I do not have to enter a date or time. So I have to say "Wow."
I don't care for the display but the calendar does everything I need a calendar to do: quickly schedule an appointment, send the appointment on to others (and myself as a reminder to put it in my hard copy calendar), utilize my contacts within the calendar, bring up a map for an appointment I am on the way to, carry over reminders, and all without clutter to distract from the purpose of the calendar. I don't want emoticons or cute colors, merely a functional calendar. A plus is the ability of the app to show the current date number on the app icon itself.
I'm not happy with the running display called the Dayticker. I would like to have the option of turning that off and just having a calendar that I could see by the week or month. However, this is my first iPhone and I looked at many calendar apps before deciding to purchase this one. I guess I was spoiled with the app I had before. This is the best I have found and the customer support is good.
Apple Watch mostly awesome
Update update: Keeps messing up in syncing with Apple Watch and Reminders. Keeps bringing back old completed reminders. Not sure why, but really annoying.
Update: seems to be fixed again. Removing one star because sometimes syncing with Apple Watch doesn't work. Luckily I wasn't relying on the information on my Apple Watch alone. Only was broken for half a day this time after like 2 months of flawless working, so not a huge deal. Still well worth the money. Could be Apple's or Watch's fault I suppose.
Old one star review: Synced flawlessly with Apple Watch for over a month, now it's broken again. The correct information displays on the fantastical app on my phone, and the correct information displays on my reminders app, but the watch app shows no events for today when there should be. When I open the app on my watch, it's showing yesterday's events as overdue and doesn't show anything for today. Tried deleting, restarting etc. Super frustrating because that's why I bought the app, so I could see my reminders and events on my large complication on my watch. When it works it's really helpful and awesome, when it doesn't work it's really frustrating. This happened before, then got fixed, so not sure why this keeps happening.
Can Only See One Line of Text for Each Entry
This is a great app for calendaring and task management, with one exception, which, unfortunately reduces this otherwise 5 star app to a 3 star app (at least for me).
Many of my reminders and calendar items exceed one line. Fantastical only allows me to view one line of each calendar entry/task item in the list view and the calendar view. This is a HUGE problem as it leaves me unable to view very important information. It also renders the quick list view and calendar view rather useless, as I have to click each item individually in order to view the entire text of the entry in another screen. I really wish this weren't the case, as this is the only app that I have found that syncs with my all the calendars and reminders on my iPhone, regardless of the source (my outlook calendar for work is protected and does not sync to my iCloud, so apps that only allow me to integrate my iCloud calendar and tasks are useless).
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 14, 2016
- Version: 2.6.3
- Size: 22.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Flexibits Inc.
- Copyright © 2011-2016 Flexibits Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.