By Heroic Software Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plenty of apps can track your weight. FatWatch will analyze it.
You can control your weight if you are aware of how it is changing. Beyond recording the numbers on your scale, FatWatch computes a moving average so you can see the real trends behind the day-to-day shifts in your body weight.
More than a pretty chart
FatWatch estimates how much excess energy you are burning (or overeating), giving you the information you need to make and continually adapt a plan of diet and exercise. FatWatch only needs your weight: there is no need to fuss with a food database every time you eat something.
You can take it with you
If you've already been tracking your weight, FatWatch can import weight history from a variety of sources, including Eat Watch for Palm. You can also export to your Mac or PC and do as you please. No special software is required.
• Tracks body fat ratio, if your scale supports it.
• Computes a moving average and analyzes the trend.
• Annotate your weight history with notes and check marks.
• Passcode protection keeps your weight history private.
• Optional Body Mass Index (BMI) color coding.
• Choose pounds, kilograms, or stones for weight; calories or kilojoules for energy; scale precisions of 1.0, 0.5, 0.2, 0.1, or 0.05.
• Import or export your weight as a comma separated text file.
• Uses statistical methods described in The Hacker's Diet, but applicable to any diet or exercise plan.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
New in 2.1.1:
• Fixed a chart bug where days with no weight, marks, or note were not displayed, shifting everything to the left.
• Some (but not all) mark icons enhanced for Retina display.
• Restored compatibility with iOS 3.1.
New in 2.1:
• Updated for iOS 4.1; enhanced for Retina Display.
• Toggle between Total and Fat display on the Trend screen.
• Goal monitoring improved, closer to The Hacker's Diet. To acheive "goal attained" status you must keep the trend line within 2.5 lbs of your goal. This area is indicated in chart views.
• Double tap the Log tab icon to scroll to today's date.
• Various visual and interaction improvements.
• Fixed a bug which prevented the Log view from scrolling to the latest date.
• Fixed a display bug which occured when editing a day's note.
• Fixed a crashing bug that could occur when rotating the device.
• You are no longer allowed to select a goal weight of zero. That would be silly.
Excellent weight tracking app!!!
Monitoring the trend, or moving average, of my weight/fat % is the best method I've found to track my weight loss goals, and this app makes it easy to do so.
The info found on the trend screen (days til goal, calories over/under maintaining weight and changes needed to reach plan) is exactly what you need to determine if you need to cut calories further or can indulge.
I really like The table of equivalent foods and exercises which gives the amount of exercise or food item equivalent to the number of calories you are over or under your plan.
The developer is very responsive to questions and open to suggestions.
Use this app to track your weight even if you use another app to track your calories. Your weight will go up and down from day to day. Those weight changes don't track closely changes in diet or exercise. Than can be discouraging. What this app reveals is the trend in weight changes. This is much more useful (and usually less discouraging) than the spiky up and down graphs in most apps.
Perfect for Hacker's Dieters
This app does all you need it to for tracking your weight on the Hacker's Diet. It is a simple app, with only a few bells and whistles. But it does exactly what I need and it does it well. The easier it is to track my weight, the more likely I am to keep doing it. With this app I can get on the scale and enter my weight in less than 20 seconds. Combined with loseit I have lost 5 lbs. since starting 2 weeks ago.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 19, 2010
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Heroic Software Inc
- © 2008-2010 Benjamin Ragheb
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.