Favorites - Speed Dial, SMS, MMS and Email with Photos
By Matt Gemmell
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Visual speed dial, FaceTime, SMS and email that's right at home on iPhone!
Add and organize your favorite contacts for quick access, and call, SMS or email with one tap. Featuring a beautiful user interface similar to the iPhone's Home screen, you'll be right at home with Favorites the first time you use it.
Features a comprehensive built-in tutorial, dynamic help and animation throughout. Choose contacts, names, add badges for Mobile, Home or Work numbers, and more. Favorites can also be customized to behave the way you want it to via the iPhone's Settings application.
What's New in Version 1.1.7
This update focuses on VoiceOver accessibility improvements, for visually impaired and blind users.
- The Overlay is now properly modal for VoiceOver.
- The Escape/Cancel gesture (2-finger Z-shaped swipe) now cancels the Overlay and the About screen.
- The Escape/Cancel gesture also cancels Edit mode on the main screen.
- The Call button now has the initial accessibility focus in the Overlay.
- The Magic Tap gesture (2-finger double-tap) now works on the selected favourite, to either show the overlay (normally), or to delete the favourite (in Edit mode, after asking for confirmation).
- There is now feedback whilst moving favourites around in Edit mode, similar to when moving apps on the Home screen.
Fabulous fast dialer -- beautifully thought out
Design and operation is perfect. Tap the contact's face once and the app immediately takes whatever action you have chosen as default-- phone (can choose which number), SMS, EMail etc)-- lightning fast!
But DOUBLE-TAP the contact's face and you get your CHOICE of any option available.
Can also customize the contact's display name, add your own wallpaper. 20 faces per page. You will LOVE THIS DIALER APP!!
Favorites Speed Dial
I loved this app when I could have several pages of people, could tap which 1-3 times and get the right number to call. Now I have to go into 3 different screens to get what I want. In other words I have to LOOK at the screen. That defeats the whole purpose of the app. I used the app to dial the phone not text. In my state texting in a car is illegal. To have to look at the app and go to screens is the same as texting. If you're going to use this method then give the option of more screens.
I've used this app for over a year but now for some reason I had to delete the app because it no longer adds the phone numbers to contacts, it almost always adds the email addy of ppl I insert, but its a hit and miss on the phone numbers now for some reason. I've tried to change the "iPhone" badge to "mobile" and even "home" but it still won't even let me manually add the numbers to be able to call someone directly within the app, and so for that it gets one star.