By Steve Harris
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Feeder is a fully featured application for creating, editing and publishing RSS and iTunes podcast feeds.
Feeder can create, download and import RSS 2.0 and iTunes podcast feeds with full support for the iTunes RSS podcasting extensions. Drag and drop enclosure files to create new items, Feeder will automatically tag audio and video files with artwork, etc in all popular podcast formats. Feeder makes editing your feed a breeze with auto-complete, templates, HTML tag insertion, previews and a customizable user interface that easily adapts to the task at hand.
Feeder can publish to FTP, SFTP, FTPS, WebDAV or Amazon S3 servers and will upload the feed, artwork and enclosure files, post to the weblog and share new content on Twitter and Facebook with a single click.
What's New in Version 2.5.1
- Version 2.5.1 fixes an issue in 2.5 where Feeder would crash working with MP3 files.
Version 2.5 Changes:
- Modernizes the methods used to add metadata tags to iTunes, QuickTime and MP4 files to work on future versions of OS X.
- After upgrading, developers creating Sparkle appcasts may need to specify the Private DSA file again in the Sparkle Settings section of the Info view.
- Fixed a problem where, if Feeder could not get the length of an enclosure from the web, it would show a very large number instead.
- Feeder now removes a prefix of ftp:// or similar from the Address field in the Servers window, as this is not required.
- Fixed a problem where it would not be possible to change to Facebook account used in a feed's Sharing settings.
- Fixed a problem where Feeder may not be able to fetch the duration of a file.
- Fixed a problem displaying iTunes and feed images after they have been uploaded.