By Subatomic Studios, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The fieldrunners are back! With legions of soldiers and a gaggle of new tricks, they’re ready to conquer the globe. Or so they think! Our top scientists at SubaLabs have built a bleeding-edge arsenal of devastating weapons for any heroes willing to stop these dastardly invaders. Help your people by taking action - DEFEND THE WORLD!
Strategic-Action-Puzzle-Defense has never been this fun and addicting! Defend your world from the invasion by building winding paths out of imaginative, new weapons. Call in airstrikes and set explosive traps to hit the enemies where it hurts. Over 20 new levels span the grassiest fields, driest deserts, sparkling cities, and even an infernal volcano lair! Challenge your mind with the exciting new gameplay styles in Puzzle, Sudden Death, and Time Trial levels. Are you ready to stop the fieldrunners once and for all? Join the defense now!
• Gorgeous artwork at full Retina resolution!
• Tons of levels - countless hours of action!
• 20 unique, upgradable weapons!
• Revolutionary AI with stunning realism!
• Pick the perfect weapons for each battle!
• Air strikes, mines, and powerful items!
• Refreshing game modes, which include Time Trial, Sudden Death, and Puzzle maps!
• Trenches, bridges, and tunnels!
• Elite enemies invade at the most unexpected times!
• iCloud support lets you transfer saves between your devices!
• A tower that launches bee hives!
• Kotaku - Gaming App of the Day
• GameTrailers - App of the Day
• G4TV - Best Mobile Games
• Macworld - Editors’ Choice
• 148Apps - Editor’s Choice
• Slide to Play - Game of the Month
• AppAdvice - Game of the Week
• Chicago Tribune - Game of the Week
• TUAW - App of the Day
• IGN: “One of the best iOS games of 2012”
• Penny Arcade: "This is a game that everyone needs to try"
• New York Times: "At last we have a sequel!"
• G4TV: “You need to download this game immediately”
• TouchArcade: “It will eat your soul and have you thanking it”
• CNET: “You will love this game”
• The Verge/Polygon: “One of the strongest TD games I’ve ever played”
• 148Apps: “The king of tower defense returns!”
• GamesBeat: “Innovating and redefining tower defense”
• Apple’N’Apps: “The best game we saw at E3”
CONTACT SUBATOMIC STUDIOS
• Twitter: @Fieldrunners
• Facebook: facebook.com/fieldrunners
• Web: subatomicstudios.com
• Forums: subatomicstudios.com/forum
• Tech Support: bugs[at]subatomicstudios.com
Everyone here at Subatomic Studios thanks you for playing! Please take a moment to rate Fieldrunners 2.
What's New in Version 1.8
**What's New - v1.8**
• 3 wildly-challenging NEW maps!
• Each new level features a unique music track
• Fixed support for iCloud
• Multiple bug fixes and optimizations
• 1.7: New Boomkin tower promotion, bug fixes, back end updates
• 1.6: Bug Fixes, back end updates, iOS 7 support
• 1.5: Bug Fixes
• 1.4: Added new towers and holiday items
• 1.3: Bug Fixes and new Halloween weapons
• 1.2: Added IAP and new weapons
• 1.1: Added GameCenter and new levels
• 1.0: Launch!
Great game, but....
If you're playing this game then you've probably played the original. I think it's even more fun than the original and there are a lot of new maps and weapons to choose from that make it exciting. Yes, you do have to earn coins to buy many of the weapons, and you have to "level up" by continually playing the maps on harder settings to earn the right to buy the weapons, but that just gives incentive to keep trying which I don't mind.
But....what I do mind is the bug that others have described which is the game sometimes gets stuck on the loading screen and will not play. If this happens, your only option is to uninstall and reinstall, however you start all over with no coins....which is frustrating. I've had the game about a month and this has happened 3 times. The developer says on their website they are aware of the problem and are working on it, but who knows when it will be fixed.
I would give the game 5 stars if it weren't for this problem, but paying money for a game that you may have to reinstall and start from scratch is upsetting.
When is FR3?
im not going to lie, this game is freakin awesome. ive been playing it for years now. but i have not heard anything from them recently about a new game. they said a new game was in the making but when did they say that? ohh yeah!! September of 2013!! and they still havnt said anything about it ever since then. idk if they stopped making it or what. they should at least update us in whats going on. im just getting tired if them not telling us anything anymore. my main point is. its been iver two years since the release of this game and i think its about time for a third installment of this game. OR, give us some legit DLC maps! maybe give us some maps from FR1 or something new. FR is starting to get boring tbh. and im just waiting for some news about why havnt they givin us some info or some nee game. u still there subatomic studios?
Love the game but really need to get rid of the bug when your phone dies
On my iPhone 6 (Sprint) every time I am playing the game and my phone dies it will not load. I reopen it once I have battery and it gets stuck at the loading screen. The loading bar and the three dots after it don't move or osculate up and down, they just stay in a line. I tried killing the app by double clicking the home button and swiping up and that didn't work. I've done it probably 4 different times and the only way to get it to stop is to delete the app all together which makes you restart your progress of course. And it only happens when I'm playing the game and my phone dies while playing it.
Other than that, I really like this game, hoping for a 3rd one.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 11, 2014
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 58.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Subatomic Studios, LLC
- © 2012 Subatomic Studios, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 2,000 Coins$2.99
- 7,000 Coins$8.99
- 14,000 Coins$12.99
- 30,000 Coins$19.99
- 70,000 Coins$39.99
- 200,000 Coins$99.99