By Propellerhead Software AB
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Got three minutes and want to make some music? Figure is the fun music-making app for instant inspiration.
• App Store Best of 2012
• Multiple times App Store Editor's Choice/App of the Week in many countries
• App Store Hall of Fame Inductee
"Propellerhead's Figure Music App Is Awesome, Easy to Use and Cheap" – Wired
"Makes powerful electronic music-making technology accessible to all." – The Guardian
"Music-Making App Lets You Be The Artist" – NPR
"Brings Out The Unknown Composer Within" - Cult of Mac
Create an addictive beat before the next bus stop or lay down a beefy bass line while waiting in line at the bank. Figure will have you making music within seconds yet is deep enough for endless play on a transatlantic flight. When you are done, share your creations on Propellerhead, the free music collaboration and sharing service, and see where other music makers will take your ideas.
• Make songs with Drums, Bass and Lead Synth
• Play by sliding your finger across the play pad
• Always stay in key and on the beat
• Remix other Figure users’ music from Discover
• Share your music on Propellerhead and let other remix or develop in other apps
• No previous playing skills required
• Tweak and twist your track on the fly
• Sounding amazing has never been this easy
• The sound of Reason on your phone!
Truly designed for mobile user on the go, Figure gives you drums, bass and lead synth, controlled by an incredibly easy to use touch interface that gets you sounding great literally in seconds. Slide your finger across the play pad and hear your bass line play. Tweak the Rhythm, Range and Scale Step wheels to get the result you’re after. Programming drumbeats is just as easy. Set the rhythm and play the drums with your fingers. You won’t want to stop. You won’t believe how amazing you and your phone can sound.
If you are new to music making, getting started making great sounding tracks has never been this easy — and sounded so great!
If you are a seasoned musician – music creation has never been this fun!
The nitty gritty details:
• Bass & lead parts use Reason’s Thor synthesizer
• Drums powered by Reason’s Kong drum machine
• Play in different keys & modes. Set once or change on the fly.
• Increase the Shuffle to loosen up your beats
• Turn up Pump to add a club sound to your tracks
• Adjust levels using Propellerhead’s legendary mixer
• Save, browse and load song files
• Set length of loop (1,2,4,8 bars)
• Export audio to iTunes File Sharing
• Share music on Propellerhead
• SoundCloud Sharing
• Audiobus support: Stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information
• Background audio (in device Settings)
** Requirements: iPhone 4, iPad 2 or higher. iOS 7 or higher.
** AudioCopy by Retronyms
What's New in Version 1.7.3
• Exports tonality data for use in Take 2.0
• Numerous performance and usability improvements
Great, could be better
This app is absolutely awesome for making you're on music on the fly. It's so simple, it does not force you to use pre made drum loops, and it allows users a lot of customizability over their sounds. There is room for major improvements though. Many times I find myself practicing a loop before recording and it sounds great. Then as soon as I start recording it glitches and sounds terrible. This has only happened to me while recording leads but it shouldn't happen at all. It's almost as if the metronome distorts it or something. Apparently there a lot of issues and complaints about exporting. I haven't tried to export anything yet myself, but I don't know why any music making software or app would purposely make that difficult. My last and biggest complaint is that I believe the pads should tell you what notes you are actually playing. It's great that you can pick the key and tone, but I believe it would offer a great learning aspect to the app if users were seeing what notes were actually in each key. I believe it should be an option at least in case some users don't want the clutter of writing on the pads. I might even give it five stars if only that aspect was changed.
You can still export sounds! Neat, fun, creative with small limitations.
No app will be perfect, since a phone has limited memory compared to a pc. But this app certainly brings a lot to the table!
Sounds get exhausting, just keep tweaking effects, keys, and recently I've been playing with the shuffle knob which opened up new beat patterns.
I've made poppy dance tracks and abstract ambient pieces with it.
I don't know how it compares to a real tr-808, but it's fun!
I wish there were options for 16 & 32 bars, it gets tricky trying to piece riffs together.
Also gets annoying being stuck in one time sig. Everything is 4 beats per measure. You can change how many notes can be played per measure (1-16,) but, for example, if you start with quarter notes, you can only play quarter notes. I do like that you can play third, fifth, 7th, etc, which gives tracks a bit of a cool weird rhythm. You can also turn the beat pattern off, then you can play whatever beat pattern you wish.
People have complained about the removal of export options. It's still there, just moved I guess.
I do a lot of recording live, I don't export that often.
Please let us turn that freakin metronome off! There is a way around it, push play, then record by-passes the metronome.
Also, turn off looping when playing and recording.
Those are my thoughts for now, may add more later.
Overall, awesome app, fun sounds, sometimes limiting but very creative!
Easily one of the best apps in the App Store. With all the different sounds included AND the choice to 'tweak' them, you're given an unlimited variety of different sounds. In spite of this, however, it could still use a couple different options, like quantizing in rhythms in anything other than duplets, being able to record multiple basslines/lead synths on top of each other, being able to easily change key without being in an atonal mode, the freedom to add more bars to your loop, and changing your time signature. But, especially for a free app, the options provided to you sufficient enough for making a pretty sick beat! Great app, propellerhead! I can't wait to see what updates are in store for this app.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 01, 2015
- Version: 1.7.3
- Size: 50.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Propellerhead Software AB
- © 2015 Propellerhead Software AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.