By Propellerhead Software AB
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Got three minutes and want to make some music? Figure is the fun music-making app for instant inspiration.
• App Store Best of 2012
• Multiple times App Store Editor's Choice/App of the Week in many countries
• App Store Hall of Fame Inductee
"Propellerhead's Figure Music App Is Awesome, Easy to Use and Cheap" – Wired
"Makes powerful electronic music-making technology accessible to all." – The Guardian
"Music-Making App Lets You Be The Artist" – NPR
"Brings Out The Unknown Composer Within" - Cult of Mac
Create an addictive beat before the next bus stop or lay down a beefy bass line while waiting in line at the bank. Figure will have you making music within seconds yet is deep enough for endless play on a transatlantic flight.
• Make songs with Drums, Bass and Lead Synth
• Play by sliding your finger across the play pad
• Always stay in key and on the beat
• No previous playing skills required
• Tweak and twist your track on the fly
• Sounding amazing has never been this easy
• The sound of Reason on your phone!
Truly designed for mobile user on the go, Figure gives you drums, bass and lead synth, controlled by an incredibly easy to use touch interface that gets you sounding great literally in seconds. Slide your finger across the play pad and hear your bass line play. Tweak the Rhythm, Range and Scale Step wheels to get the result you’re after. Programming drumbeats is just as easy. Set the rhythm and play the drums with your fingers. You won’t want to stop. You won’t believe how amazing you and your phone can sound.
If you are new to music making, getting started making great sounding tracks has never been this easy — and sounded so great!
If you are a seasoned musician – music creation has never been this fun!
The nitty gritty details:
• Bass & lead parts use Reason’s Thor synthesizer
• Drums powered by Reason’s Kong drum machine
• Play in different keys & modes. Set once or change on the fly.
• Increase the Shuffle to loosen up your beats
• Turn up Pump to add a club sound to your tracks
• Adjust levels using Propellerhead’s legendary mixer
• Save, browse and load song files
• Set length of loop (1,2,4,8 bars)
• Export audio to iTunes File Sharing
• SoundCloud Sharing - share your Figure tracks with access to Facebook, Twitter and more
• Audiobus support: Stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information
• Background audio (in device Settings)
** Requirements: works on iPhone 4 or higher, not recommended for iPhone 3GS
** AudioCopy by Sonoma Wire Works
What's New in Version 1.6
• Share your songs with your friends on Facebook and Twitter
• Three new drum kits: Sonny, Code and Boom Bap
• Bug fixes
If you're not impressed with the magic that this app can create, both musical and social, you're either doing it wrong or you're just a boring person. Since the geniuses at Propellerhead have made it nearly impossible to screw up, you may just be a boring person. If you're not, there is good news; you're in for an addicting musical treat. This app is incredibly simple and affordable, yet capable of seemingly limitless sound creation. If still in doubt, check out some of the artists on the "Figure Addicted" Soundcloud page. You won't be disappointed.
Some technical comments:
Yes, this app is limited... but that's what can make it fun. If you don't like the limits of the parameters set, you can always turn them off (atonal synth mode or no quantization). If you want a fast synth, slow down the tempo, record and bring it back up. After a year of use, I'm still encountering new tweaks that I've never heard before. Some people complain about only getting 8 bars, but with the Audiocopy function, you're able to move samples into any compatible software or DAW. Then the possibilities become HUGE and the only limit is your brain and your fingers. There are some seriously good sounds that, if used in the "right" way, can rival professional production software.
Great app lets anyone make music
I love this app. As a longtime musician I think it's great to see apps like Figure make the wonderful joy of music creation accessible to anyone. Even seasoned musicians can enjoy the hell out of this app. One thing I wish it had is the option for 3/4, 6/8 time signatures. Also a more user friendly way to customize the rhythms would be neat. And maybe some new more natural sounding instruments. Although the tweak function does add a lot of variety to the available sounds. All in all a great intuitive music creation app. Anyone who has ever hummed a tune would be well advised to get Figure. For the record I am not in any way affiliated with the makers of this app. I only write reviews if I absolutely love an app or hate an app. So there you go. Boom boom.
Best. App. Ever.
This app is definitely my new favorite and will continue to be for a long time. Not only can you make cool music but you can also have so much fun doing it. My suggestions though, are that you would be able to do more than 8 bars of a song, and that you could keep listening to your song while in other apps. For example, if you go to your homepage and then into your web browser that you would still be listening to the song you created. I still rate this app 5/5 though because it's still awesome and the things I suggested aren't necessary to make great songs. I highly suggest that you download this app because not only does it have a great price, but it's also very fun.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 16, 2014
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 24.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Propellerhead Software AB
- © 2013 Propellerhead Software AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.