Figure - Make Music & Beats, Collaborate and Remix on Allihoopa
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make music in seconds. Share, remix and collaborate with music makers all over the world.
• App Store Hall of Fame Inductee
• Multiple times App Store Editor's Choice/App of the Week in many countries
• App Store Best of 2012
“Anyone can craft killer beats with this superbly designed music maker.” - App Store Editor’s Notes
"Propellerhead's Figure Music App Is Awesome, Easy to Use" – Wired
"Makes powerful electronic music-making technology accessible to all." – The Guardian
"Music-Making App Lets You Be The Artist" – NPR
Create an addictive beat before the next bus stop or lay down a beefy bass line while waiting in line at the bank. Share your creations on Allihoopa, the free music collaboration and sharing service, and see where other music makers will take your ideas. Figure will have anyone making music within seconds yet is deep enough for endless play on a transatlantic flight.
• Make songs with Drums, Bass and Lead Synth
• Play by sliding your finger across the play pad
• Always stay in key and on the beat
• Share your music on Allihoopa and let others remix or develop in Figure and other apps
• Make music with people all over the world
• Find music from the Allihoopa community to remix and develop
• No previous playing skills required
• Tweak and twist your track on the fly
• Sounding amazing has never been this easy
Allihoopa is the online home for social music making. Find beats or hooks that inspire you. Share your musical ideas and see where other music makers will take them.
Truly designed for mobile use, with collaboration in mind, Figure gives you drums, bass and lead synths. All controlled through an incredibly easy to use touch interface that gets you sounding great literally in seconds. Slide your finger across the play pad and hear your bass line play. Tweak the Rhythm, Range and Scale Step wheels to get the result you’re after. Programming drumbeats is just as easy. Set the rhythm and play the drums with your fingers. You won’t want to stop. You won’t believe how amazing you and your phone can sound.
If you are new to music making, getting started making great sounding tracks has never been this easy — and sounded so great!
If you are a seasoned musician – music creation has never been this fun!
The nitty gritty details:
• Bass & lead parts use Reason’s Thor synthesizer
• Drums powered by Reason’s Kong drum machine
• Play in different keys & modes. Set once or change on the fly.
• Use the arpeggiator to create melody lines from chords
• Increase the Shuffle to loosen up your beats
• Turn up Pump to add a club sound to your tracks
• Save, browse and load song files
• Set length of loop (1,2,4,8 bars)
• Export audio to iTunes File Sharing
• Share music on Allihoopa
• Audiobus support: Stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information
• Background audio (in device Settings)
** Requirements: iPhone 4s, iPad 2 or higher. iOS 9 or higher.
** AudioCopy by Retronyms
What's New in Version 2.2.3
Fixed a bug that could cause a crash if you had changed your username
Fun music toy/tool, if you ignore Alihoopa
I admit I misjudged Figure. I just gave it a second try a couple days ago and it finally clicked for me. Maybe it was the inclusion of the "intro" in the current version, which wasn't present in earlier versions. Because Figure is simplistic, it was easy to misunderstand.
This isn't a professional musician's tool. You cannot edit the patches, and exporting stems for a DAW is probably clumsy (no automatic multitrack export, but I bet soloing a track and repeatedly exporting works ok). Still, there's no reason why Figure can't be used as a starter for a professional project or as inspiration. It certainly is fun to play with, and you can double the available tracks (or jam with a friend) by synchronizing two iOS devices (if you have access to another device).
The screen and mind space wasted by the Alihoopa crap, however, is an annoyance. It's easily ignored, though. You SHOULD ignore it, too, because uploading your creations to Alihoopa effectively puts them into the public domain (read the terms of service).
So, aside from the Alihoopa crap, I must apologize to Propellerhead for my earlier bad reviews. I get it now.
Very fun and easy to use app. I'm messing with it nonstop since I downloaded it. I just wish you could rap or sing on the beats, I think it would be really cool to see what kind of songs you or others could do
I have no complaints, this app has always been my favorite. I have kept this game since last year on Christmas 2015! I'm still on it today during a tornado watch! Thanks for the game! :D
- Category: Music
- Updated: Aug 20, 2016
- Version: 2.2.3
- Size: 41.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Allihoopa AB
- © 2016 Allihoopa AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.