FileBrowser - Computers+Cloud
By Stratospherix Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Use your iPad or iPhone to connect to your home computers, network drives and cloud storage, allowing you to easily open and transfer files and folders from anywhere to anywhere.
With over a million users worldwide, FileBrowser is the original and best file manager and viewer for iOS.
“FileBrowser will get you started in seconds.” - iGeeksBlog
“Perfect for both work and personal uses” - AppPicker
“Adds a powerful dimension to the iPad that many of its owners will fully appreciate” - TechNewsWorld
Ultra-fast browsing of your computers. Faster than Windows Explorer or Mac Finder and our users agree!
Scan for computers on your network and connect in seconds or connect to your cloud storage accounts - even multiple accounts on the same cloud storage.
Windows, Mac, Linux, Time Capsule, NAS and WiFi drives.
ALSO CONNECTS TO CLOUD SERVICES
Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, WebDAV, FTP and SFTP.
- View Microsoft Office documents.
- View Apple Pages, Numbers, KeyNote files.
- View any text file.
- PDF and Image file Annotator.
- Save edited files back to any storage.
- Zip and Unzip files & folders.
- Store email attachments.
- Capture photos to PDF - great for filing expenses.
- Sync documents to all your devices using iCloud Drive.
- Supports iOS multi-tasking / split-screen.
FILE MANAGEMENT, UPLOAD & DOWNLOAD
- Copy multiple files and folders in one go.
- Select a group of files on Dropbox, for example, and copy them to your home Mac, PC, NAS, iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, WebDAV, or FTP server.
- Manage and organize storage using Copy, Move, Rename, Delete, Create Folder.
- Easily transfer files between devices, such as iPhone to iPad.
- Download files from the Web and store them locally, password protected.
- Bookmark folders for 1-touch access.
AIRPLAY, CHROMECAST AND AMAZON FIRE
- Watch a slideshow of your photos on your HDTV via AirPlay™, Amazon Fire TV or Chromecast.
- Stream your movies to your HDTV using AirPlay™ or Chromecast.
- Listen to your music using AirPlay™ or Chromecast device.
- Browse & view photos stored anywhere, even raw formats.
- Free up storage on your iPad/iPhone and still access all your photos.
- Upload and download photos from your iPhone and iPad Camera Roll.
- Rapid swipe to scroll & pinch to zoom.
- Automatic thumbnail extraction.
- Stream movies across your home network.
- No need to wait for them to sync or copy to your iPad or iPhone.
- Last playback position remembered.
MUSIC & AUDIOBOOKS
- Stream music across your home network, including FLAC files.
- Stream music in the background.
- Play music while browsing photos - great for slideshows.
- Cue up multiple tracks.
- Last playback position remembered - great for audio books.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Connect to portable WiFi drives to expand your iPad or iPhone’s capacity without limits.
- Connect to your Mac or PC when away from home. See our web site for details.
- We continuously update FileBrowser with new features and improvements.
- User feedback is welcomed and valued.
- No additional software needed on your computer.
For fast friendly support please email email@example.com. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
What's New in Version 11.8
* Improved iPhone X screen layouts.
* Fixed Chromecast Video streaming issue.
* Fixed Google Drive folder listing crash.
* Fixed AirPlay display cropping some photos.
It’s the best. Period.
The developers listen. Quick Access Tabs are no longer automatic and date sort were fixed within 2 weeks of when I reported the problem.
I keep this review current as new versions come out but there's really never anything I have to change. No lie, this is the best app purchase I've made...I use it almost daily. Not only is it rock solid and just works, the developer keeps adding features without charging for them. I read one review where the reviewer said this version lost features. Not true! If you have to manage or access files across wildly disparate environments (from real machines to "the cloud") then look no further and get this app. It’s money well spent.
I've been using this app for a few days and really like it so far but I have had it crash when I accessed large JPG files. It imported them from my shared external drive but when I tried to open them, it crashed and had to be restarted. Haven't been able to find any documentation addressing size limits for files.
Update 11/17- haven’t had any recurrence of the size problem previously noted. Been using FB for months now and really like it.
Airplay sizing issue on photos
Photos through airplay seems to keep resizing in a zoomed in view cropping large photos. A fit to display size feature could be a solution or just an overall fix. Running on ios 10.3.3 iphone 5s 32 GB
Update fixed the problem. Thanks
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 14, 2017
- Version: 11.8
- Size: 69.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Stratospherix
- © 2012 Stratospherix Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.