FileBrowser - Access files on remote computers
By Stratospherix Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FileBrowser is the original and best file manager and viewer for iOS. FileBrowser can view, copy, move, upload, download, stream, and manage files between computers, servers, NAS drives and cloud storage in any direction. You don’t need to install any other software. FileBrowser will scan and locate computers on your network and connect in seconds and will connect to cloud storage quickly too.
Supports iPad Pro and iOS multi-tasking.
We’ve optimised FileBrowser so that it browses network folders faster than Windows Explorer or Mac Finder and our users agree!
- All versions of Windows and Windows Server
- Mac OS X from 10.5
- Time Capsule
- NAS drives
- WiFi Drives
- Google Drive
- Stream movies on your home network. No need to wait for them to sync or copy to your iPad or iPhone.
- Use AirPlay™ to watch your movies on your HDTV with Apple TV or via an AirPlay™ enabled media server.
- Stream videos to Chromecast.
- Stream music on your home network, including FLAC files.
- Listen to your music on AirPlay™ enabled speakers or to Chromecast.
- Stream music in the background whilst watching a FileBrowser photo slideshow or running another app.
- Browse photos from any FileBrowser location. No need to sync.
- Watch a slideshow of your photos on your HDTV via AirPlay™, Amazon Fire TV or Chromecast.
- Upload and download groups of photos from iOS Photo Library.
- Copy multiple files and folders from anywhere to anywhere in one go. Select a bunch of files on Dropbox, for example, and copy them to your home Mac, PC, NAS, iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, WebDAV, or FTP server.
- Manage storage using Copy, Move, Rename, Delete, Create Folder.
- Push files to your device using any browser or WebDAV client.
- Intuitive touch interface makes browsing and managing files easy.
- View PDFs, Apple Pages, Numbers, KeyNote documents, Microsoft Office and any text files.
- Annotate PDF files and save back to any storage.
- Edit documents with apps such as Pages and Word.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Connect to portable WiFi drives to expand your iPad or iPhone’s capacity without limits.
- Read our External Access Guide on our web site to learn how to connect to your servers over the Internet (Cellular or WiFi). See support on www.stratospherix.com
Read our Getting Started guides for step by step help with getting connected. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for fast friendly help. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
Requires iOS 8.4 or later.
To stream AVIs with DIVX or XVID codecs requires a third party app that is able to play these formats.
What's New in Version 9.2
* Added History tab to Bookmarks popup.
* Added external keyboard shortcuts for file operations.
* Added “Allow Paste Again” option for file copies.
* Improved PDF annotation options.
* Can now pass .band projects to GarageBand
* Fixed credentials being stored when they shouldn't.
* Fixed slideshow crash if run for more than 1 hour.
* Image slideshows can now be protected with the Admin Password.
* Fixed Chromecast icon overlapping with AirPlay on iPhone
Portable Seamless Access
Once you become accustomed to the interface, using FileBrowser is like running any other app on your device, whether that's a phone, tablet or a computer so don't let a brief learning curve get in the way of portable seamless access to your digital life in ways you might not imagine.
It has so many uses, from watching video that's (hosted) on your computer with a hand held device that frees you up to move away from your computer (to a more comfortable setting and does so without cluttering your device's limited storage capacity) to sharing files on social media WITHOUT storing those files on your device.
Being able to create Bookmarks to specific file sets on different devices and drives is a great time saver and helps you stay focused on personal goals. I can't wait to discover the next new way I put FileBrowser to use.
My 'go-to' computer is a 27 inch iMac, just to put (lack of) portability into some frame of reference which is to say that if you like having portable hand held access to your stuff without carrying around your computer and all connected drives, then you owe it to yourself to check out FileBrowser.
This is a must-have app on all of my iOS devices. It's updated frequently with useful additions, features, and fixes, and works with so many file types, it can often open whatever you need without opening another app. When it can't, opening in or streaming to another app is easy.
The UI can be a little funky at times, but I don't think this is so much a fault of the developers as just a side effect of incorporating so much within the framework of iOS app UI.
This is hands-down the best file manager I've used on iOS. I'd buy it again if I could.
The best continues to get better
I keep this review current as new versions come out but there's really never anything I have to change. No lie, this is the best app purchase I've made. Not only is it rock solid and just works, the developer keeps adding features without charging for them. I read one review where the reviewer said this version lost features. Not true! If you have to manage or access files across wildly disparate environments (from real machines to "the cloud") then look no further and get this app. I have never been disappointed by it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 20, 2017
- Version: 9.2
- Size: 54.3 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Stratospherix
- © 2012 Stratospherix Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.