Nimble Commander is a free dual-pane file manager designed specifically for Mac. Optimized for efficiency, Nimble Commander provides a blazing performance and momentary user interface feedback. Offering traditional powerful dual-panel manager concepts, Nimble Commander maintains minimalist and clean UI design at the same time.
• Classic tabbed dual-pane interface with different presentation modes: traditional UI and monospaced text-based variant
• Full keyboard access with the fastest way to handle file management tasks
• Nearly instantaneous launch, small memory footprint, and blazing-fast operation
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts
• Background operations processing
• Font and color customization
• Different file panel viewing modes: short, medium, full, and wide
• Instant files searching and filtering by typing
• File editing in editors of your choice, based on file extensions
• File search by name, size, or content
• QuickLook support
• Built-in file attributes editor and file viewer with textual/hexadecimal presentation
• Showing file search results as a file panel
• Lightweight search with Spotlight
• Browsing archives (zip, tar, bz2, gz, pax, cpio, lha, ar, cab, mtree, iso, warc, rar) like folders
• Archives building
• Extended attributes modification
• Powerful batch renaming
• External tools integration
• Ability to connect to remote FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers, Dropbox service
• System and volumes information, showing processes list as a folder
• Checksum calculation
If you have any questions or suggestions, please email them at email@example.com or visit the forum at http://magnumbytes.com/forum/
- Added an ability to restore recently closed tabs via Shift+Cmd+R hotkey, or via Go->Recently Closed menu or via Plus button on the tab bar.
- Fixed the issue with APFS performance when copying large files.
- Fixed the issue with directories overwriting by moving.
- Quick Search now allows arrow navigation inside matching results when it shows all items.
- Esc button can now return a window from full screen mode.
- [Pro Features] Temporary panels are now stored in navigation history.
- [Pro Features] SFTP now supports falling back to rm+mv when a remote server refuses to perform an overwriting rename command.
- [Pro Features] Fixed the issue of reporting an invalid size in temporary panels under certain conditions.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice, simple, speedy
Just a good simple app. Quick, un-bloated file manager in the old style. Easy to navigate the hierarchy (to go back up, use “..”). Use it for a quick directly walk or to move files by dragging from one pane to the other.
Seems only half finished
There seems to be no clear way to go back down the directory structure you’ve just navigated, the screenshots above give the impression that this app works in a manner similar to Column View on the Finder, but it’s more list the List View.
It does seem pretty fast, but it’s kind of pointless without an easy way to navigate back and forth.
You want to see hidden files, this is your app
With this app I solved the problem to see hidden files in my computer easily, no need to a terminal unix code, just install the app and that's it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.