Nimble Commander Pro
By Michael Kazakov
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Nimble Commander Pro is a dual-pane file manager with classic design. You may ask, “why should I use it?” Because NC provides the familiar Mac swiftness and is specially designed for power users, including software developers, system administrators, and other IT professionals. Take a look at what the new version of NC offers to you:
• Nearly instantaneous launch, small memory footprint, and blazing-fast operation.
• Ability to connect to remote FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers, Dropbox service, including remote files editing.
• Powerful batch renaming.
• Support for external tools.
• Browsing archives (zip, tar, bz2, gz, pax, cpio, lha, ar, cab, mtree, iso, warc, jar, 7z, rar) like folders.
• Classic tabbed dual-pane interface with different presentation modes: the traditional UI and the monospaced, text-based UI.
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts.
• Background operations processing.
• Font and color customization.
• Different file panel viewing modes: short, medium, full, and wide.
• Instant files searching and filtering as you type.
• File editing in editors of your choice, based on file extensions.
• Built-in file attributes editor and file viewer with textual/hexadecimal presentation.
• File search by name, size, or content, showing results as a file panel.
• Archives creation.
• Extended attributes modification.
• Lightweight search with Spotlight.
• QuickLook support.
• System and volumes information, showing the processes list as a folder.
• Checksum calculation.
• Full keyboard access with the fastest way to handle file management tasks.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please email them at email@example.com or visit the forum at http://magnumbytes.com/forum/
What's New in Version 1.2.2
- Added a new VFS: WebDAV.
- Made some enhancements for APFS and macOS High Sierra compatibility.
- SFTP now supports changing of file attributes and creation of symbolic links.
- File operations UI has got a much clearer design.
- Added notifications support.
- Made many improvements in drag & drop functionality.
- “Copy As” file operation now focuses the resulting item.
- Progress indicator in Dock is now much easier to read.
- Show Hidden Files shortcut was changed to “Shift+Cmd+.”.
- Fixed the lack of undo/redo when doing an in-place item renaming.
- Fixed the issue with invalid item icons in virtual file systems.