By Tai Shimizu
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE: It is highly recommended people purchase Filterstorm Neue rather than Filterstorm. Future development has moved to Filterstorm Neue. This app will continue to receive bug fixes.
Filterstorm has been designed from the ground up to meet your iPad and iPhone photo editing needs. Using a uniquely crafted touch interface, Filterstorm allows for more intuitive editing than its desktop counterparts with a toolset designed for serious photography. A favorite of Photojournalists, Filterstorm is at home in a professional workflow, or for anyone who simply wants to get the most out of their pictures while on the road.
Filterstorm contains a suite of powerful tools including layers, curves manipulation, color correction abilities, noise reduction, sharpening, vignetting, and black and white conversion fine-tuning. It also includes the powerful ability to adjust masks by brush, color range, gradient, and vignettes.
Tutorial videos are available at http://filterstorm.com and are linked to from within the app.
• Layers (Max 5 at a time. When a 6th is added, the bottom two layers will be automatically merged)
• Ability to apply adjustments to entire image, by brush, gradient, color range, vignette, or selecting opacity.
• Send images via Email, FTP,SFTP, Flickr, Dropbox, Twitter, and Facebook
• Export high-res images. Suggested max: 22MP (iPad2/iPhone4S), 7.5MP (iPhone 4), 5MP (iPad 1)
• Save edits as automations to apply to other images
• Edit masks with brushes (adjustable size, softness, and opacity)
• Edit masks with gradients
• Edit masks by color selection
• Edit masks by vignette
• Combine multiple images using layers and masks
• Curves: Luminance, RGB, Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow
• Levels tool: Luminance, RGB, Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow
• Color balance
• White point picker
• Text tool
• Black and white fine-tuning
• Image editing History
• Cropping, with the ability to specify aspect ratio
• Scaling/Scale to Fit
• Rotation & Image Straightening
• Add Borders
• Combine multiple exposures
• Vignetting (circular, or oval scaled to image aspect ratio)
• Tone map (Simulated HDR)
• Noise reduction
• Add noise
• Clone Tool
• Numerous layer blend modes
• EXIF support for JPEG and some RAWs
• IPTC support: For a full list of supported metadata tags, visit Filterstorm's website at http://filterstorm.com
Recommended by "Rough Guide to the iPad"
"Filterstorm was designed for the iPad from the beginning, and is a study in limitation and excellence." - App Craver
"While Filterstorm certainly won’t replace your image-optimization workflow on your desktop computer, it can prove useful (and fun) enough that you will want to put it to use for quick adjustments to fine-tune an image you want to share via your iPad. " - Digital Photo Pro
What's New in Version 4.6.5
Bug fixes for issues including:
• Stability issues
• Hidden filters
• Export destination & automation loading
• Loading unfinished images
I normally don't write reviews. Can't tell you how much money I have lost trying apps. I can say this app is worth the money. At first I thought it sucked, but then realized I actually would have to read the instructions and review the tutorials. So glad I did.
If you want an app to just do basic cropping, text and a few effects, you can save your money and get another app. However if you need more features, like cloning, tone mapping, noise reduction and more, it is worth the price.
I use this app on a first generation iPad and it works great.
This app is the best photo editing app I've used on my iPhone. You won't be disappointed when you buy this. It takes some getting use to, but when you do, this app is completely excellent and must have.
Much needed update. But what happened to being able to hide effects option? The effects you don't use at all you use to be able to hide them, now you can't :(
I love this app a lot! Great for photoshopping, which I do everyday. It was very confusing in the beginning but once you start messing around with it you understand it better! I do have Filterstorm Neue but I still much rather prefer this one! Totally worth the money.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 07, 2013
- Version: 4.6.5
- Size: 12.2 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Tai Shimizu
- © Tai Shimizu
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.