Firefox Web Browser
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Experience a fast, smart and personal Web. Firefox is the independent, people-first browser made by Mozilla, voted the Most Trusted Internet Company for Privacy. Upgrade today and join hundreds of millions who depend on Firefox for a more personal browsing experience.
FAST. SMART. YOURS.
Firefox is made with you in mind and gives you the power to take back control of your Web experience.
That’s why we design the product with smart features that take the guesswork out of browsing.
SEARCH INTELLIGENTLY & GET THERE FASTER
- Firefox anticipates your needs and intuitively provides multiple suggested and previously searched results across your favorite search engines. Every time.
- Easily access shortcuts to search providers including Wikipedia, Twitter and Amazon.
- Your personal information belongs to you. In Private Browsing mode, Firefox won’t remember any of your history or cookies, but new bookmarks will be saved.
- Delete your browsing history, passwords and more in a single tap.
- Choose the private data you want to remove.
SYNC FIREFOX ACROSS YOUR DEVICES
- With a Firefox Account, access your history, bookmarks and open tabs from your desktop on your smartphone and tablet.
- Firefox also safely remembers your passwords across devices so you don’t have to.
INTUITIVE VISUAL TABS
- Intuitive visual and numbered tabs easily let you find content for future reference.
- Open as many tabs as you like without losing track of your open Web pages.
EASY ACCESS TO YOUR TOP SITES
- Spend your time reading your favorites sites instead of looking for them.
Learn more about Firefox for iOS:
- Have questions or need help? Visit https://support.mozilla.org/mobile
- Read about Firefox permissions: http://mzl.la/Permissions
- Learn more about what’s up at Mozilla: https://blog.mozilla.org
- Like Firefox on Facebook: http://mzl.la/FXFacebook
- Follow Firefox on Twitter: http://mzl.la/FXTwitter
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe open and free is better than closed and controlled. We build products like Firefox to promote choice and transparency and give people more control over their lives online. Learn more at https://www.mozilla.org
What's New in Version 10.3
• Firefox has a new look and feel that we call “Photon.” It’s a modern design that puts users’ needs first - with easier access to the menu, rearranged menu items and an updated minimalist look. Take a peek!
• “Highlights” appear when opening a new tab to allow you to easily jump back to a previously viewed site.
• Search suggestions are enabled by default, unless you have previously opted out.
• Added “No Image” mode to allow you to automatically block images from loading.
• Added trending stories from Pocket in your new tab.
Love it, though minor quibbles.
Love that it syncs up with the desktop apps. It’s been working great. My main complaints are pretty nit picky, but it does impact how I use the app and the ease of said use.
* Being able to access the share sheet from the bottom of the browser UI instead of the address bar would make it much more easily accessible, without requiring nearly as much finger travel. When using third party share apps for password managers, for instance, having it easier to press/have less presses makes a world of difference over repeated use.
* A night/dark theme for the UI would make “Night Mode” must less jarring since the UI would be in much better unison with the browser content.
* The Tab Overview page seems non-optimal for mobile. Everything is too spread apart or out of immediate reach for quick actions, like switching, navigating the view, or closing tabs, that it makes it seem like it requires more effort than it should. Apple’s Rolodex-style tab overview in Safari is a great example of ease of use, responsive interactions, and improves efficiency.
* 3D Touch for peek/pop of links would be absolutely stellar.
Still missing crucial features
I’m enjoying the wonderfulness of Firefox Photon, especially on the desktop.
But here’s the thing: The ability — finally — to edit bookmarks on the mobile device and sync to desktop is still not there.
Sure, you can save a bookmark in a special “Mobile” folder and sync it back to the desktop version where you can then process it properly, move and rename it, and sync it back to iOS. (Whew!)
That’s a non-starter for me.
You still can’t edit the bookmark name or URL, or save it into the main bookmark tree via iOS. Safari on desktop and iOS has been capable of this for how many years?
It’s the dealbreaker keeping me from moving to FF full time on iOS.
My other gripe is the inability to set the app in permanent private mode, or set it to clear history and cookies on close, as you can in the desktop version. These are crucial to those of us who use FF primarily for its finely grained privacy settings. I’m surprised Mozilla has fallen down on this.
Come on Mozilla, put some of that half-billion in search income into the mobile space!
This version is unstable
I generally like Firefox and use it on IOS and Windows. It has many features that I really like, but it seems the development of new features on the IOS versions have resulted in a buggy, crash prone browser. I find myself restarting it every few minutes doing very routine browsing. I sincerely hope that the developers will do something about this soon. If I give up on the IOS version it will make the Windows version less compelling as well.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 23, 2017
- Version: 10.3
- Size: 98.2 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Armenian, Asturian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bosnian, Breton, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Filipino, French, Gaelic, Galician, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Interlingua, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Koyraboro Senni Songhai, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Lower Sorbian, Malay, Malayalam, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Oriya, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Rhaeto-Romance, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian, Uzbek, Welsh
- Seller: Mozilla Corporation
- © Mozilla and its contributors 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.