First Aid by American Red Cross
By American Red Cross
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**One of “8 New Apps You Don't Want To Miss” (6/16/2012) – Mashable**
** “First Aid By American Red Cross is a fix for what ails you.” - Appolicious**
**One of the 50 Best Apps for Parents of 2012 – Babble.com**
**One of “10 apps that can save your life during a natural disaster” - ComplexTech**
Accidents happen. The official American Red Cross First Aid app puts expert advice for everyday emergencies in your hand. Get the app and be prepared for what life brings. With videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to know first aid.
• Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
• Fully integrated with 9-1-1 so you can call EMS from the app at any time.
• Videos and animations make learning first aid fun and easy.
• Safety tips for everything, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes help you prepare for emergencies.
• Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
VERY BASIC...BUT THINGS EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW
This is very, very basic info, but it is the basics everyone should know at the very least...even if it only keeps people from doing more harm than good! You have to start somewhere and this is good, solid, simple information presented as easily and understandably as it could possibly be presented. Just make sure anyone you know knows this info inside and out and everyone will be better off!
This app is very helpful!
I thought I knew how to handle things in certain situations, but I was wrong. This app showed me the right way to approach these very real, everyday situations. There is even a quizzes to test your knowledge of what you've read and learned. Does anyone need help? I know what to do now :). Check this app out for yourself, you'll be glad you did.
Little too basic for my taste
It's got some good stuff, but it leaves out a lot that could be included. The instructions seemed dumbed down. For example, EMS personnel are trained to elevate the legs of a person showing signs of shock to improve circulation to the heart. Here, we are instructed not to because of potential spinal injury. WELL, JUST TELL US NOT TO IF THERE IS A SUSPECTED SPINAL INJRY. Seems to me they are more scared of lawsuit than patient care.,
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 17, 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 41.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Red Cross
- Copyright © 2012 American Red Cross
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.