FirstYear - Baby feeding timer, sleep, diaper log
By Yi Ding
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Designed by busy parents FirstYear is the easiest way to track baby’s daily activities as they come along. No need for typing. No fuss with alarms. All events can be logged with two simple taps on your iPhone or iPad. View trends daily, weekly or monthly. Keep medical information and health questions handy at doctor visits. FirstYear is just what you need to monitor baby’s well being while keeping your sanity in check.
Great reasons to try FirstYear:
#1: Powerful note taking features that track all aspects of baby’s first year of life:
* Easily record baby’s feeding, diaper changes, sleep, activities, development milestones and sickness.
* Record nursing & pumping sessions, manage feed with formula or expressed milk.
* Record diaper changes. Identify dehydration based on pee color. Identify constipation or diarrhea based on color and constancy of baby’s poo.
* Track baby growth with percentile reference to World Health Organization baby growth standard.
* Record baby’s health issues - temperatures, symptoms, doctor appointments, medication and allergy reactions. Drop down questions when they come to you and bring them to your doctors next time you pay a visit.
* Take a quick snapshot, or find an image from camera roll and put your thoughts into a scrapbook entry in the journal section.
* Powerful search and index functions allow easy access to the record you need.
* Allows for multiple baby profiles. Toggle among two or more baby records with one tap.
#2: Intuitive input modes for quick input or with more details:
* Use quick input mode when you are pressed of time. Record everyday activities like feeding, diaper change etc, with two easy taps and no typing required.
* Screen formats tailored for both iPhone and iPad.
#3: At-a-glance review of baby’s well being with reports:
* Well designed reports to review daily, weekly and monthly activities. Easily identify patterns, trends and abnormalities.
* Nicely formatted reports for hassle-free email and printing.
#4: Share baby’s progress with family and friends.
* Set up automatic synchronization among different devices. Enable family members and caregivers to review and record baby activities when needed.
* Share joyful moments with friends and family through Facebook, Twitter and email.
#5: Easily back up records to online storage to enjoy peace of mind.
* Store records on devices and online folders.
* Restore data from online folder for the latest seven sessions.
* 100% privacy and ownership of your data. FirstYear does not collect or share your data with others.
The FirstYear app comes with a 100 free record limit. You can upgrade to unlimited lifetime entries through in-app purchase.
What's New in Version 1.8.14
Minor bug fixes.
My initial reason for trying this app out was because I was worried my nursing son might not be getting enough to eat. I wanted to track his wet diapers. Since I will be going back to work soon, I wanted to figure out his sleeping and eating schedule, as well.
I'm a little compulsive when it comes to record keeping and list-making, so it quickly progressed to my tracking his every activity and this app made it so easy to do!
I love knowing at a glance how many wet or soiled diapers my son has had, or how much sleep he's gotten. This app is also very helpful in remembering when he last slept or ate.
Perhaps one of the best things about this app is the ability to track and record how much breast milk I pumped and when I pumped it. I label these "bottles" with the date and time so when I feed the expressed breast milk to my son, I simply choose the corresponding label.
There are many more things to track, such as milestones and growth, as well as bath time and tummy time. If you are in to details, (like I am,) this app makes keeping records a cinch! Without it, I doubt I would remember half as much.
Took getting used to but worth every second!
This app took some getting used to but it's worth it, I confess I don't use the reminders as most of it is common sense. The way the app collates the data is extremely helpful when starting sleep training or figuring out if your baby has eaten enough that day.... When our doctors ask us questions I can always refer to the app since I can no longer trust my memory. The adjustability in the "detail" sections of each category is also extremely helpful. This app was very well designed, there is sincerely nothing more I wish it did....except maybe take care of the baby while I napped!
This app is very helpful with keeping track of everything (especially in the middle of the night) from diapers to feeding. As a nursing mom, it helps to remember which side I last nursed, again extremely helpful at night! I also like how it you to keep track of number of wet diapers and times the baby ate, which my pediatrician always asks at visits. It also logs and keeps track of everything and predicts of eating, sleeping, and diapers. While I don't use that to go by, it is always iterating when it is right on time! This is my second child, and I also used and loved it with our first.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Jul 09, 2015
- Version: 1.8.14
- Size: 57.1 MB
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Yi Ding
- © 2014 Nighp Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- FirstYear full version$4.99
- FirstYear unlimited version$2.99
- Journal PDF Export$2.99