Fishing Spots - Angling Map & Trip Weather
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With nearly half a million users and hundreds of thousands of fishing spots, this app is the fastest and easiest way to find a fishing spot near you! Use from home, or on the go.
Anglers will also appreciate:
- Share picture and location of your catch right after the fact
- Add new spots for others to discover
- Comment on and rate others catch
- Current Weather and forecast for every spot.
- Stocking Schedules for most states
- Fish Identification charts, fishing Knot Guides
- Communicate with other users privately when needed
- Very active discussion forums. Get new forums added for your interests on demand! For example we recently added Kayak Fishing, Bow Fishing, Fly Fishing.
- Best Fishing Times for any spot, or your current location!
- Tide Chart for any spot, or your current location
If you do not see nearby spots for your region, just let us know in the inbuilt forum and we will add some right away!
- Best app known to mankind - @kameleon28
- This app is becoming the best app in any category keep up the good work - @tonybru
- Nick, the Informative Fisherman is a fan! @informativefisherman
- and many more...
* Best Fishing Times and Tide Charts require an in-app purchase
* We cannot guarantee the accuracy of each and every spot in the system
Please follow twitter stream at http://twitter.com/hidef_radar
What's New in Version 4.21
- iOS 7 Redesign
- Major Bug fixes
Good idea, but...
This type of app is great idea for the fishing community, but I just think the developers are just trying to do too much all at once. This is reflected in a very busy, poorly organized interface that is suffering further from a fragmented fishing community with content mostly irrelevant outside ones primary fishing region.
I think the primary focus should on a local, regional content that brings together interested fishing enthusiasts to discuss local ideas, local challenges, hot fishing spots, best baits, lures and rigs, local fishing politics, classifieds, etc and worry later about unifying the diverse regions together into a common app.
Organized for example SW Fla region organized further with more localized regions within SW Fla. SE Fla, SO CAL with more regionalized, NY/NJ further regionalized. Each would be its own region you can subscribe to for relevant content.
Needs more people
Hello, I have had this app for a while and the only down side is that not enough people have it around my area. I get a posting in my area within 30 miles like once a month. The app is pretty cool, but just needs some refinement; it needs the interface to be more user friendly and better layout if things. It app is nice but it just feels like it needs more things and refinements/upgrades. Also a better map of your area wouldn't hurt, like for example telling you what kind of fish are there and if it's windy or if it's high tide. Over all good app!
Fishing spots is a game changer
I've been using this app for about 3 years now. I have yet not to catch a fish during the range it says should be prime bite times. I check all the time to plan my fishing trips. If you're not catching fish with it, you're probably not in the right spot or you're not giving the fish what they want from my experience. A quick change of either and its been fish on. Hope this helps anyone who is considering downloading this app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Apr 27, 2014
- Version: 4.21
- Size: 8.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: WeatherSphere
- © 2011 WeatherSphere
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Fishing Spots Pro$2.99