“There are plenty of benefits to journaling, whether you take time to write out your full thoughts or just spend a few minutes jotting down the things you're most grateful for every day or lessons you've learned. Five Minute Journal for the iPhone makes this process easy enough to do on the go.” —Lifehacker
The Five Minute Journal is the simplest, most effective way to become happier in 5 minutes a day with a simple journaling format built on proven principles of positive psychology.
• Beautiful, Intuitive Journaling Experience – The Five Minute Journal app has been designed to capture the physical Five Minute Journal experience. Getting around the app is a breeze and adding entries could not be easier. The Five Minute Journal app has been optimized to run smoother and quicker than ever before.
• Timeline View – Quickly access previous journal entries and view short daily excerpts. Tapping on an entry leads to a full day review.
• Photos – Capture and view your magical moments with a daily photo.
• Timeline Photo View – See a photographic timeline view of all your daily photos.
• Daily Quotes & Weekly Challenges – Receive an inspiring quote daily and weekly challenges that can be shared across social media.
• Easy Journal Entry Navigation – Quickly cycle through previous journal entries by swiping right or by tapping on a specific date in calendar view.
• Reminders – Set daily notifications to ensure you never miss a day of journaling.
• Passcode Protection – Keep all your journal entries private with secure passcode protection.
• Backup/Export to PDF – Easily backup/export all your entries to PDF, Dropbox, and more. You have the ability to select a date range or all entries.
- A new alert to let you know when you're offline (sync will resume once you reconnect).
- Some users may have experienced an issue with Facebook login, this is now fixed!
- Finish editing your journal entries conveniently using the new 'Done' button.
Ratings and Reviews
Beautiful, simple, effective
Not only do I love the simplicity in the design, but the fact that it takes only a minute to update the entries means this is something I’ll actually use. This app really gets you thinking about the positive things right before you start your day. I recently started cognitive behavioral therapy and one thing I am working on is positive psychology (which I initially thought was super lame and a waste of time). But in just a few weeks, it has brought an awareness to me that has already had a huge impact on my life...this app takes similar concepts of positive psychology and makes it easy/doable to do every day. Sometimes all you need is a little encouragement and this does it.
I should also mention that I have downloaded probably 5-10 apps similar to this to compare, but this is by far the best one. Worth the few dollars for sure...also there is no monthly subscription or anything. I refuse to download apps that don’t have an option to just pay once and be done.
Not what I expected but probably what I need
I liked that this app has prompts but didn’t anticipate that it didn’t have just a free area for writing random thoughts. But I have ended up liking the prompts. Two things I would change: I would enable the program to show me a list of just affirmations I have collected. Also give me a choice of which answer to show on the timeline. And yes, I would add a section to record additional unprompted thoughts. As it is, I’m using two apps for journaling instead of one.
Update: The more I have used this app the more amazing it seems. It is so much easier now to be in a thankful positive frame of mind. It is incredibly easy to use and that makes it easier to use consistently. I STILL with there was an option to see my list of affirmations on their own to see what I’ve said about myself over time.
Works well for me
I’m not really a journaler. I have many apps that I’ve tried over the years, and while they are very robust, I’ve always been the weak link. I just don’t keep up with the journals.
This app narrows the focus to specific questions, and you can further reduce the scope in the settings to just morning or eve, and limit the questions at those times. I’m currently only answering the daily gratitude question (and only requiring myself to answer 1), and that’s really helped. I plan to add in more questions after I have some consistency and practice, but it’s been several weeks of daily entries, so we are headed the right direction. The interface is great and conducive to using the app-visually pleasing and simple. Works well for me.
- Intelligent Change Inc.
- 25.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2016 Intelligent Change Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.