Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flashcards Deluxe is an easy to use, yet powerful flashcard app which you can use to study just about anything you want. I use this app for my own Chinese studies, and am constantly improving it to make it better for myself and others.
iTunes store Staff Favorite (December 2009)
10/10 - theiphoneappreview.com
(There is a free lite version available.)
• Two smart study modes that automatically focus more on the cards you miss: Leitner and a more advanced Spaced Repetition mode (similar to SuperMemo or Anki)
• Quizlet.com integration - Browse and download any of their 4 million+ flashcard sets.
• Text to speech (TTS) audio in 18 languages (no internet connection needed to study)
• Multiple choice option
• Spelling tests (listen to audio and use keyboard to answer)
• Searchable listing of your cards that allows you to easily look up other terms as you study
• Organize decks in folders and combine decks for studying
• Several flashcard color themes to choose from (sky, wood, chalkboard, etc.)
• Divide cards into categories
• 1 to 5 sided cards
• Include pictures and sounds. Zoom into pictures. Auto repeat sounds.
• 3 response levels: Wrong, I kind of know, I know really well (vs the standard correct/wrong) - for more efficient studying
• Easy navigation - swipe or tap to answer (customizable)
• Draw self-graded answer with your finger (drawing not saved)
• Automatically turn cards off after getting them correct a certain number/percentage of reviews
• Clean, efficient user interface, including full-screen and landscape viewing
• Custom text and background colors
• Browse mode that lets you easily navigate forward or back without keeping score
• Slideshow mode
• Large number of cards (10,000+) can be imported easily
• Backup your flashcards to your computer
• Supports Dropbox, Google Docs and USB transfers
• Very easy to get started, with lots of features and options for advanced users
• Great support! I promptly respond to any questions or feedback you may have. Use my website's public forum or email me.
You can create flashcards either on your computer or directly within the app. If you don't want to make your own, you can browse and download flashcards from Quizlet.com.
Creating cards on your computer is an easy process of making a two column list of questions and answers in a text editor or spreadsheet, copy/pasting your list into our website, and then downloading it to your device. (Note: iPod users will need Wi-Fi with internet access to import.) You can also transfer flashcards using Dropbox, Google Docs or even your own web server.
"If there’s anything that will leave you scratching your head about this incredible app is why it isn’t more expensive... Flashcards Deluxe is truly an educational app worth obtaining. Nothing you want to learn right now? Download the app. It will make you want to learn something just by having it." - theiphoneappreview.com 12/10/09
Please see our web site for more information.
If you are not satisfied with the product for any reason, please let me know why and I'll try to help.
What's New in Version 4.2.2
• Cram.com users: You will no longer be able to download sets from Cram.com beginning 5/1/2015. They are shutting down our access. This only affects Cram.com users, and does not affect already downloaded sets
• Dropbox: Bug fix
if I lost my phone, I’d buy new one just to have this app
I've had this app for years and love everything about it. I've learned thousands of vocabulary words from half a dozen languages using this app.
The upload to the server is extremely easy to use and everything within the app is customizable. I normally never rate apps but I had to for this one.
This app has been one of the four apps on the bottom of my phone since the day I got it (next to phone, internet, and email).
If there’s anything you want the app to do, just go to the website and write to the creator. I did, and in a few weeks I was surprised to see my own suggestions become part of the app!
It’s $4, which, admittedly, is a lot for an app. But if you think about how many physical flashcards you can make with 4 bucks, verses how many you can make here, not to mention the hundreds of other features you can do with digital flashcards, the cost is nothing.
Seriously, if I lost my phone, I would buy a new one JUST to get this app back. Hands down the best app I will ever use.
I will graduate thank to this app
I could never imagine that something as simple as flashcards could be developed into the most brilliant application I have experienced in both an iPad and iPhone. I don’t understand why anybody studying medical sciences doesn’t have this app. I can say that I will graduate from a doctoral degree thanks to this application. This app may be a bit confusing to use at first, but is only after a while that you realize the tremendous potential; the possibilities are endless.
Download this app. Take your time to get use to it. Finally, you will not be able to live with out it.
The best of the best
Congrats! You've stumbled upon what may be the greatest flashcard app and one of the best apps in general. Few developers are as responsive, loyal, and dedicated as this one. While other app makers simply make a version 2 and slap on a new price tag, this one has kept with the times and steadfastly updated. Furthermore, the app itself is powerful and customizable. It may seem a little daunting at first, but it is completely worth it. Best $4 you'll ever spend on the app store.
Update: Still going strong! Please give it a whirl and support this awesome developer!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 26, 2015
- Version: 4.2.2
- Size: 10.1 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Korean
- Seller: Ernest Thomason
- © 2015 Ernest Thomason
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.