Flight Condition Calculator
By SpaceWorks Enterprises, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Flight Condition Calculator performs convenient aerospace calculations and conversions on your mobile device. Use the simple interface to quickly determine a complete set of flight parameters such as Mach number, true airspeed, calibrated airspeed, altitude, dynamic pressure, and atmospheric conditions starting with knowledge of just a subset of these.
SpaceWorks Software’s new Flight Condition Calculator app is built around a standard set of aerospace equations and definitions, as well as empirical atmospheric data. The app is ideally suited for quick, back-of-the-envelope style calculations, but should never be used in mission critical situations.
-- Features --
• Flexible set of inputs requires any 2 of the following: dynamic pressure, velocity (true airspeed), Mach number, and/or altitude (Note: All such combinations are feasible except for the case where only velocity and Mach number are known)
• Complete set of outputs includes altitude, velocity, Mach number, dynamic pressure, temperature (ambient), density (ambient), and calibrated airspeed
• Express inputs and outputs in either English units or SI units
• Capable of analyzing flight conditions up to a limit of 150,000 ft (~45,700 m)
• Appropriate accuracy for back-of-the-envelope calculations
What's New in Version 1.1
- Added Ambient Pressure field and description
- iPhone 5 support
- Various bug fixes and performance enhancements
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 31, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 2.5 MB
- Languages: English, German, Northern Sami, Spanish
- Seller: SpaceWorks Enterprises, Inc.
- © 2012 SpaceWorks Enterprises
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.