FlightAware Flight Tracker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Free, live flight tracker and flight status from FlightAware for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch!
This app allows you to track the real-time flight status and tracking map of any commercial flight worldwide. It can also track general aviation (private, charter, etc) in the United States and Canada.
Search by aircraft registration, route, airline, flight number, city pair, or airport code. Tracking data includes complete flight details and full-screen maps with NEXRAD radar overlay.
Push notifications for flight departure/arrival info as well as cancellations, gate changes, delays, and diversions.
What's New in Version 4.4.1
* Add aircraft type to flight cells
* Add flight status indicator to flight cells
* Fix issue with last-selected airline
* Fix status text for canceled flights
As with other apps, updates rarely do anything but make them worse. Searching for flight shows a list of pretty airline logos and huge text to scroll through instead of concise listings like before. It shows tomorrow's scheduled flights instead of enroute flights first, it doesn't show the date or status scheduled/enroute/arrived on the search results instead have to click each flight to check which is which, then in order to close a flight detail it always returns you to the main menu instead of the search results. Not sure what 3rd graders think these things up.
I think it's great
Not sure where the negative comments are coming from. I think this app is awesome. I travel A LOT (Chairmans on USAirways) and I'm an instrument multi engine pilot. This program is feature rich and is perfect for tracking any flight. I particularly like the fact that you can push a button and get the details on the inbound flight, even if that inbound flight has a different flight number. I highly recommend this app.
Bad. Stick with the website.
Honestly, I'd give this no stars if I cod. Maybe 1/2 of a star because the font that they used is nice.
Here's my reasons why:
1) You can't swipe to go back to the listing of flights from one flight. There's also NO navigational arrows to do that. You have to manually search for that flight. All. Over. Again. Why?! Arrows are simple and everyone knows what they mean! ⬅️➡️⬇️⬆️
2) If there's an image of the map of the flight progress, it's not on the main page of flight data, as it is with the website. Why?!
3) The app has a hissy fit when I try to tap any of the image/buttons at the top of the screen. If any of those images/icons are navigational in nature, I can't use them!
I want to know why this app isn't as simple to use as the website. Where is the map? Everyone loves the map.
As far as the ads go, they're fairly non obtrusive and aren't half as annoying as the app itself. This used to be a great app. Now I'd say ho-hum barely covers it. Please, fix it!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 25, 2015
- Version: 4.4.1
- Size: 34.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: FlightAware
- © 2014 FlightAware
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal$2.99