Flipboard: Your Social News Magazine
By Flipboard Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flipboard is your personal magazine, at your desk, in your back pocket or on your wrist. Filled with stories, photos and videos on any interest, it’s a single place to keep up with your world. And now, if you want just a few highlights, the top ten stories can be sent right to your Apple Watch. Scan a summary, save it to a Flipboard magazine or share it with a friend. Collecting and sharing stories you care about has never been easier.
Flipboard is your personal magazine. Used by millions of people everyday, it's a single place to follow topics that interest you and share stories, videos and photos with friends.
To start, pick a few topics, and Flipboard creates your personal magazine. You can always add more as you find new topics, magazines or interesting people to follow.
Read world class publications like The New York Times, PEOPLE magazine, Fast Company, and Vanity Fair on Flipboard -- find any source with the search bar. You can also connect Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to Flipboard and flip through pictures and posts from friends.
Save stories by using the + button on anything in Flipboard and collect it into your own magazine - an excellent way to package articles around your passions. You can see all your magazines in your Flipboard Profile. For more on how to make your own magazine, visit www.flipboard.com.
Download Flipboard and get started today—it’s free!
KEEP UP ON FLIPBOARD:
For tips and other helpful information visit our website www.about.flipboard.com and follow us via @flipboard on Twitter or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/flipboard.
To learn more about how to use Flipboard, visit our Support Page https://about.flipboard.com/help-center/
If you are having technical issues or have any questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
Plus more great features:
• Collect stories you love into your own magazine. Tap the “+” button on any story, select ‘create a magazine’ and collect favorite stories, images or videos.
• Manage all your magazines in a convenient dashboard at https://editor.flipboard.com/
• Read The Daily Edition to quickly check the news you need for your day, with stories hand-picked by our editorial staff.
• Go to your Flipboard to check what’s happening now. Use the home button on iPhone (or Cover Stories on iPad) to see highlights across everything you’re following.
• Enjoy Flipboard in 24 localized editions—for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, U.S., U.K., U.S. Latino.
• On iPad, explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide (tap the red ribbon at the top), including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other interests.
• Add content from the web to your Flipboard magazines through the bookmarklet at share.flipboard.com.
What's New in Version 3.3.21
- We've made community comments more prominent throughout Flipboard. See them while browsing or reading specific stories.
- Explore editorially chosen packages about important stories and issues in our new Discover Carousel in the search tab.
Feedback is always welcome. Please message us inside the app under Settings, Help & Feedback, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues or suggestions. Thank you for using Flipboard.
Still no landscape view for iPhone?
Another update and STILL no support for landscape view on the iPhone 6+? How many updates is it going to take before Flipboard recognizes users want this?
Even stubborn Apple recognized this and added landscape support to their news app.
Also, some other issues:
1) You can only save one article at a time for offline reading. Who wants to manually go one at time time through every article to save them before getting on a plane or going somewhere with no internet access? The app should just cache all the articles and images for offline use natively like other news & reader apps do.
2) You cannot tap and hold on a photo to save photos in articles to the camera roll. They make you tap on 2-3 different buttons to get to be saved image option. Too slow.
3) There is no longer a built in option to save an article to the Safari reading list. Instead, they now make you open the article in Safari, or tap on the more apps icon first. These are extra steps that they didn't make you go through before. They are going backwards in efficiency.
4) Can't access more than one twitter account within the app.
Flopboard is a flipping one trick pony.
I have really tried to like this app. The flipping page may seem neat at first but it soon becomes annoying and cumbersome. It is not good at presenting the news I want to see. It does not "learn" despite my input. Flipboard is just not as accurate at finding my content as other news readers.
Of course there was the other app, beautifully efficient and accurate, that gave up its life for this mess. That app set the bar high. Those of us that used it know what is possible and what truly is (was) the better app. I am still scratching my head as to why a decision was made to acquire the Zite app, end it, and go with this app.
Also I have to point out....this is another "update" with little to no change except for another flood of new questionable 5-star reviews. Is it possible to game the review system here???
Zite was better! They keep adding fake reviews!
If you notice, flipboard keeps deleting all the negative reviews which accurately describe how bad flipboard is but they keep removing them so their app looks better. They've done this more than 5 times now in 2 months. That's ridiculous!! They know they have a bad app and everyone else knows it too. Zite dominates over this app. I miss so many popular articles and events bc flipboard doesn't help update me to what's going on. Zite was always able to give me info on my "likes" as well as provide popular articles too. Flipboard doesn't keep me posted on all of my likes. I felt like Zite was much better at including all my interests together and even combing some to give me really good articles that adhered to me and my "interests".
- Category: News
- Updated: May 13, 2016
- Version: 3.3.21
- Size: 37.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Flipboard, Inc.
- © 2010-2016 Flipboard Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.