Flipboard: Your Social News Magazine
By Flipboard Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flipboard is your personal magazine, at your desk, in your back pocket or on your wrist. Filled with stories, photos and videos on any interest, it’s a single place to keep up with your world. And now, if you want just a few highlights, the top ten stories can be sent right to your Apple Watch. Scan a summary, save it to a Flipboard magazine or share it with a friend. Collecting and sharing stories you care about has never been easier.
Flipboard is your personal magazine. Used by millions of people everyday, it's a single place to follow topics that interest you and share stories, videos and photos with friends.
To start, pick a few topics, and Flipboard creates your personal magazine. You can always add more as you find new topics, magazines or interesting people to follow.
Read world class publications like The New York Times, PEOPLE magazine, Fast Company, and Vanity Fair on Flipboard -- find any source with the search bar. You can also connect Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to Flipboard and flip through pictures and posts from friends.
Save stories by using the + button on anything in Flipboard and collect it into your own magazine - an excellent way to package articles around your passions. You can see all your magazines in your Flipboard Profile. For more on how to make your own magazine, visit www.flipboard.com.
Download Flipboard and get started today—it’s free!
KEEP UP ON FLIPBOARD:
For tips and other helpful information visit our website www.about.flipboard.com and follow us via @flipboard on Twitter or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/flipboard.
To learn more about how to use Flipboard, visit our Support Page https://about.flipboard.com/help-center/
If you are having technical issues or have any questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
Plus more great features:
• Collect stories you love into your own magazine. Tap the “+” button on any story, select ‘create a magazine’ and collect favorite stories, images or videos.
• Manage all your magazines in a convenient dashboard at https://editor.flipboard.com/
• Read The Daily Edition to quickly check the news you need for your day, with stories hand-picked by our editorial staff.
• Go to your Flipboard to check what’s happening now. Use the home button on iPhone (or Cover Stories on iPad) to see highlights across everything you’re following.
• Enjoy Flipboard in 24 localized editions—for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, U.S., U.K., U.S. Latino.
• On iPad, explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide (tap the red ribbon at the top), including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other interests.
• Add content from the web to your Flipboard magazines through the bookmarklet at share.flipboard.com.
What's New in Version 3.3.15
- Visual improvements to flipping articles into your magazines
- Improved “More Stories” module after articles to include publisher names
Feedback is always welcome. Please message us inside the app under Settings, Help & Feedback, or email email@example.com with any issues or suggestions. Thank you for using Flipboard.
My Favorite News App, perfect for teachers!
I LOVE Flipboard. They provide a broad spectrum of news stories to ensure I get multiple, competing perspectives on current events. I can't stress enough how important this facet of Flipboard is. As a high school History teacher, I strive always to challenge my students to seek multiple viewpoints, it really is necessary for one to be a critical consumer of news media.
I'm also a huge fan of the functionality for curating your own "magazines." I used this to bookmark articles for personal reference and use in my classes. Life without Flipboard would be far less informed for me.
I can't understand why other reviewers complain about not having a landscape view—in my opinion that would be unwieldy for anything smaller than an iPad.
What was once an amazing news app has just gone down hill. Articles I can only read 2 pages of before they want me to pay for it(some sources not all), just remove those sources. "Promoted" articles, something I cannot believe even exist, are non sense. I mean if you have to repost your old articles to get attention, you're doing something wrong. Along with repeats of the same articles listed more than once, I've seen the same article by the same source appear 3 "flips" apart from each other. This use to be one of the best new apps for mostly reading news, as opposed to videos. Once a very promising app is uninstalled and shall stay this way. From my experience once a news app starts down this path, it doesn't get better.
Solid news app worth your time in personalizing it.
Been using Flipboard for a little over a year or more perhaps. It's been an essential app for me, but I must say you get what you put into it. Meaning taking time to choose topics relevant to you. Yes, some articles load better than others, and some get cut off after the first few lines. But if you are interested enough, you are only a click away from the original article. It's not without its quirks, but if you take the time to personalize it, you will be rewarded with a very readable, informative news app.
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 11, 2016
- Version: 3.3.15
- Size: 37.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Flipboard, Inc.
- © 2010-2015 Flipboard Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.