Flipboard: Your Social News Magazine
By Flipboard Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flipboard is your personal magazine, at your desk, in your back pocket or on your wrist. Filled with stories, photos and videos on any interest, it’s a single place to keep up with your world. And now, if you want just a few highlights, the top ten stories can be sent right to your Apple Watch. Scan a summary, save it to a Flipboard magazine or share it with a friend. Collecting and sharing stories you care about has never been easier.
Flipboard is your personal magazine. Used by millions of people everyday, it's a single place to follow topics that interest you and share stories, videos and photos with friends.
To start, pick a few topics, and Flipboard creates your personal magazine. You can always add more as you find new topics, magazines or interesting people to follow.
Read world class publications like The New York Times, PEOPLE magazine, Fast Company, and Vanity Fair on Flipboard -- find any source with the search bar. You can also connect Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to Flipboard and flip through pictures and posts from friends.
Save stories by using the + button on anything in Flipboard and collect it into your own magazine - an excellent way to package articles around your passions. You can see all your magazines in your Flipboard Profile. For more on how to make your own magazine, visit www.flipboard.com.
Download Flipboard and get started today—it’s free!
KEEP UP ON FLIPBOARD:
For tips and other helpful information visit our website www.about.flipboard.com and follow us via @flipboard on Twitter or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/flipboard.
To learn more about how to use Flipboard, visit our Support Page https://about.flipboard.com/help-center/
If you are having technical issues or have any questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
Plus more great features:
• Collect stories you love into your own magazine. Tap the “+” button on any story, select ‘create a magazine’ and collect favorite stories, images or videos.
• Manage all your magazines in a convenient dashboard at https://editor.flipboard.com/
• Read The Daily Edition to quickly check the news you need for your day, with stories hand-picked by our editorial staff.
• Go to your Flipboard to check what’s happening now. Use the home button on iPhone (or Cover Stories on iPad) to see highlights across everything you’re following.
• Enjoy Flipboard in 24 localized editions—for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, U.S., U.K., U.S. Latino.
• On iPad, explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide (tap the red ribbon at the top), including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other interests.
• Add content from the web to your Flipboard magazines through the bookmarklet at share.flipboard.com.
What's New in Version 3.3.7
- Optimized for iOS 9. Search for your favorite sections in Spotlight and get to the content you want to see.
- Tune your Flipboard directly from your Cover Stories or after opening a story (now available on both iPhone and iPad).
Get it, read it, expand your horizons!
This has quickly become my favorite app, news or otherwise. It's so refreshing to have the news reflected from so many news sources; it gives you a more well-rounded perspective, and exposes you to many articles that would have been buried in your favorite single news provider, or simply overlooked. And it might also expose you to new, more reliable or relevant news providers. Use this app to sort the wheat from the chaff, and subscribe to the sources that you find most trustworthy and relevant. They need your money to keep doing what the do without having to totally lose their integrity due to corporate or political affiliations. This is journalism at its best!
Developers broke the UX in comments
The designers/engineers ruined the experience when commenting on articles.
You used to be able to swipe left to close the comments section to return to the article. They removed that and added a close button in the top left of the Nav Bar forcing me to reach to the farthest part of the app to close the comments. Total fail.
Moreover, the designers/engineers decided to also add a down gesture to swipe down to close the comment (since it appears from the bottom) but the problem is if you decided to read all the comments first, you have to scroll to the top of the comments for that gesture to work. Total fail.
Lastly, designers/engineers decided to add speech bubbles to the comments. It takes up too much space and takes on get time to consume comments. The contrast is not strong enough on the bubbles and my eyes strain to read it. I no longer have a desire to engage in the comment section because this UX is a total fail.
Other than that, app works amazing as usual. I hope the team considers bringing back the original experience for commenting on articles.
Thanks for taking the time to read my feedback.
Personal magazine, indeed
The app is extremely easy to set up, with topic suggestions given to you based on the topics you begin to select. Within just a couple minutes I had a range of topics selected, some of which I forgot I even found interesting.
Sometimes I catch myself reading articles I would have never come across had it not been for this app, and I consider that a success. This is more than just another news app, this is by far the best personalized article aggregator for a wide variety of topics. Great for reviewing what's going on in the worlds of the topics you're interested in.
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 16, 2015
- Version: 3.3.7
- Size: 32.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Flipboard, Inc.
- © 2010-2015 Flipboard Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.