Official iPhone/iPad app of Flowdock
Flowdock is the center of gravity for team communication that helps teams make their regular work a by-product of collaboration through organized chat and a shared integration inbox.
It replaces IM or IRC chat in your team's workflow and frees your mailbox from automated emails. With integrations to over 80+ tools, you’ll always stay up-to-date with what your team is doing.
Flowdock allows you to:
· Converse with your teams in Flows and organize your conversations by threads
· Have private conversations with your team mates when needed with 1-1s
· Stay on top of your updates across flows and 1-1s with in app notifications and customize the notifications as needed
· Be expressive with emojis across flows and 1-1s
· Collaborate with your team members by sharing files across flows and 1-1s
· Build your own ongoing knowledge base with the power of hash tags
· Effectively search for content that you need with help of hash tags that you maintain
· View all your integrations in one place with shared integration inbox and converse with your teams on the inbox items to effectively get your work done
· Get attention from only people that matter with @@subgroups
Flowdock integrates with your favorite tools, including Trello, Git & GitHub, Pivotal Tracker, Zendesk, Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Capistrano, Heroku, Redmine, FogBugz, Basecamp, BitBucket, Kiln, Mercurial, Nagios, Pingdom, Hudson / Jenkins and many other project management, issue tracking, wiki, version control, monitoring, deployment & continuous integration systems and services.
NOTE: To use the Flowdock app, you need to have a Flowdock account available at: http://www.flowdock.com
For feedback or feature suggestions, check out our Uservoice page at http://flowdock.uservoice.com
For support, reach out to our support team at Team-Flowdock-Support@ca.com
- Introducing Quick Flows/1-1 Finder! You can swiftly select a flow or 1-1 chat without having to scroll through an extensive list.
- Introducing Search! Search all your flow's content, including chat messages, uploaded files, emails and other team inbox items. We recommend it.
- Introducing 1-1 Search! Search all your 1-1 chat content including files and links.
- You can now view attachments shared in flows and 1-1 chats.
- A sharp uptick in crashes that no longer happen. Because we fixed a handful of them
Ratings and Reviews
Cannot keep track of read messages
I’m somewhat disappointed in the flowdock app because it cannot seem to keep track of how many unread messages I have. It constantly shows an app badge with unread messages. When I mark them all read it continues to show the badge until I completely quite the app and restart it. On top of that the app is very laggy and I regularly get errors that require me to restart the app. More often than not I get a new message push notification on my iPhone but I cannot find that message in the app, quitting and restarting usually sorts it out.
As for the app experience it is very cumbersome finding a contact in the list to message because the list isn’t sorted alphabetically. I’m sure the flowdock team has a meaningful reason for this and its probably because I am not using flowdock the way it was intended. So perhaps this may just be an issue because I never remove conversations.
I am an all day user of Flowdock as my primary team communications tool and this iOS app just can’t handle the performance. It has improved over the last year but even as of 4.1.1 I am crashing the app multiple times a day just trying to read messages or especially boards. Also delayed messages - so I will receive one on my laptop and see the notification on my phone but the app won’t display the message for several minutes or until I refresh which will often crash the app. Keeping very few flows open which is a trick that helps on the desktop app doesn’t seem to improve these bugs on the iOS app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you have been having a bad experience with our app. Our latest release v4.1.2 however (released yesterday) should address most of the issues you highlight. To name a few, app crashes are arrested now, emojis and links work like a charm, ordering of 1-1s is now consistent and alphabetical, you can find more details in the What's New section.
Please reinstall or upgrade the application to the newest version to see the changes. If you continue to have problems, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with more detail so we can investigate the matter.
~ Flowdock Team
Please reinstall the notifications back in the app. I like to see all the notifications I get messaged on and while I use this app on my IPhone, it doesn’t give me this option so I always have to go into a certain flow and search for my name which is pretty frustrating.
Another thing is all my direct messages to people are all over the place. I have people in certain order on my desktop for convenience. On my iPhone, the names are all mixed up.
While messaging in the certain flows, if I respond to a notification, it will show up but once I click out of it and go back I can no longer see my response. So if I’m working on a few different notifications, it’s hard to remember what I responded.
Please fix ASAP. I use this app everyday and it’s so difficult to use while on my iPhone.
Thank you and appreciate the app overall!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you have been having bad experience with our app. Our latest release v4.1.2 however (released yesterday) should address some of the issues you highlight. To name a few, app crashes are arrested now, you get to see all your notifications in the app again, emojis and links work like a charm, ordering of 1-1s is now consistent and alphabetical, you can find more details in the What's New section.
Please reinstall or upgrade the application to the newest version to see the changes. If you continue to have problems, please send an email to email@example.com with more detail so we can investigate the matter. ~ Flowdock Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.