Begin Your Adventures!
Fog of World is a real-life game that you need to remove the fog on the map by exploring the world. It's a fantastic way to visualize everywhere you have been in your entire life.
○ This Fog of World App Might Be the Funniest App I’ve Seen in a Long Time
○ We don't remember the last time we've run into an app that is as interesting as Fog of World
- Business Insider
○ Fog of World turns moving through your city and your world into a game of exploration (Rating: 8/10)
○ Original worldwide location tracking game that will make you want to explore every street in your city and far wider (Rating: 92/100)
- LITTLE APP REVIEW
○ Fog of World uses the fog of war from videogames to gamify traveling
- The Awesomer
○ Was holding the 1st position for top stories on Hacker News!
- Records your tracks (even when the app running in the background).
- Shows everywhere you have been on the map at the same time.
- Analyses your statistics around the world, around every continent, and around every country and territory.
- Lots of badges to motivate you to explore more around the world.
- Support for Importing tracks through GPX or KML files.
- Support for syncing your data with iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Improves memory management
- Optimizes synchronization mechanism
- Optimizes user interface
- Fixes flightradar24 support
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app
Been using this app daily for about 5 years now for all of my travels as well as daily outings. I treat it like a game and use it to challenge myself to walk down a road I’ve never been on, travel to a different part of a city that I may not have thought of before, or find my way back from a hike. The amazing part is you feel like you’ve already seen so much but when you look at the world percentage that you’ve actually visited or the countries that you haven’t been to you realize there’s so much more to see.
In the beginning it really sucked the life out of your battery but the latest version seems to not be so bad.
If you enjoy traveling and seeing new areas get this.
Love this app
Been using it for years and love being able to see the places I’ve been. It helps me remember my travels when I look back over my maps. I have had one small issue with the import function however. I saved the data as .gpx files and put it in the correct google drive folder and was able to successfully import it into the program (the little green checkboxes appear), but the amount of the world that I have travelled hasn’t changed and the cleared “lines” haven’t been added to the fog either. I checked the .gpx file on a separate .gpx viewer and it seemed to work perfectly so I think the file is fine. Sorry for posting this here, I didn’t see a link to email app support.
To avoid importing inaccurate tracks. If the distance between two GPS points is longer than 2 km, that part of tracks will be ignored when importing. Is that your case? You can also contact us by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or through our Facebook or Twitter in the About Us section of the Settings view.
I AM SO HAPPY!!!
This has been, since I found it on Apps Gone Free, my favorite app of all time. I've gifted it to so many people because I have wanted them to experience this amazing real-life game with me. I am so thankful that there has been an update! The new UI is beautiful and I absolutely love all the new badges! I've been using Fog since late 2013/early 2014 and it has made life so much more exciting! I remember driving home a different way from work every day for a month just to explore my local area and clear fog. I have become a more appreciative person of nature and the world around me thanks to this app. Keep the updates coming! I'll keep spreading the word (:
- 75.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Ollix
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.