Folk Alley Player
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Listen to the best in hosted folk, Americana and roots music with the Folk Alley App. The completely new version allows you to listen to great music live, pause and rewind the live audio, and explore a variety of other great content from FollyAlley.com. Now, wake up to Folk Alley with an alarm clock feature!
FolkAlley.com is the “coffee house that never closes,” offering fans music from their favorite artists while helping them discover new music that fits their tastes. Professional DJs Elena See, Barb Heller, Matt Reilly and Cindy Howes host the Folk Alley stream.
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch that great part again!
• Listen to streaming music from FolkAlley.com even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite stream starts playing.
• One click stream switching – flip from the main stream to Fresh Cuts or a seasonal stream with a single click.
• Enjoy the Folk Alley stream in the background while browsing the web, using your workout app or catching up on your emails!
• Access additional great content like videos, blogs, performance interviews or purchase music you hear through iTunes.
• Easily share music and videos with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to streaming music from Folk Alley.
Since September 2003, Folk Alley has brought the best of folk, Americana, and roots music to an international audience – listeners excited to finally find “their” music available 24 hours a day online. Listener-supported Folk Alley is dedicated to a beloved musical genre that is often overlooked by commercial radio networks.
FolkAlley.com is a non-profit Internet venture produced by WKSU-FM, an award-winning public radio station with more than 60 years of broadcasting history. A service of Kent State University in Northeast Ohio, you can hear the two-hour Folk Alley Radio Show weekly on WKSU and other public radio stations across the United States.
Please support Folk Alley and become a member today!
What's New in Version 3.5.7
Improvements based upon listener feedback
The folk alley the app is a huge missed opportunity. The music that's playing on folk alley is absolutely fantastic. Truly different from everything else. Curated, innovative, eclectic, a mix of old and new, the music itself is absolutely fantastic.
The app, in contrast, looks like it was designed by a 10-year-old. So many screens and moving images, what the heck is going on here!? The album art that is shown is often out of sync with the music that is actually playing. This is nuts because often you want to look at the app to figure out what interesting music is being played. But this app fails in this basic thing. Not sure what's going on, the music is great the app is horrible.
Music you can't hear on the radio…
Great selection of music and artists with decent performance.
Does what is needed
The app gives easy access to the Alley, with out getting mugged. OK by me.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 02, 2015
- Version: 3.5.7
- Size: 8.4 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: WKSU Radio, Kent State University
- © WKSU-FM, Folk Alley 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.