Food RX (Free)- Paleo & zone diet app
By Kevin Morton
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you're looking for a Paleo or Zone diet app that's easy to use and has lots of great features then Food RX is the right app for you. Easily navigate around the intuitive interface to log your meals, look up paleo foods, calculate zone blocks, find favorable foods (& filter out moderate or unfavorable ones), create a shopping list, find hotel WOD's (workout of the day) among other great features.
This is a free version of Food RX and has a limited food and workout database. Other features are limited compared to the full version of Food RX
- Paleo foods database (limited to about 200 foods in the free version- for 7200+ foods check out the paid version)
- Filter foods - favorable, moderate, unfavorable, protein, carbs, fat, paleo or view all
- Easily calculate food blocks (available for every food) <- Limited amount of foods in the free version
- Add the food + amount calculated to your shopping list w/the click of a button
- Daily meal plan - includes meal time, the number of food blocks & notes section
- Custom block calculator - if you know your body fat % use this calc. to better dial in your daily block allotment
- Customize your meal plan - add meals, change times, change # of blocks, etc.
- Shopping list
- Workout database w/hotel WOD's (Workout of the day), great for travelers or when you're away from the gym - (WOD’s are limited to about 20 total in the free version)
- Take notes about any (or every meal) & export via email
- Meal time reminders
Create a profile:
- track your weight
- set a goal for your ideal weight
Track your workouts:
- record a WOD with the time
Check out the paid version of Food RX for 7200+ food database, 100+ more workouts and many other great features.
Im always open to suggestions and feedback. Please contact Food RX via app support with either.
What's New in Version 1.56
Fixed views to scroll farther down - sorry about that
Update the weight picker to accept a wider range of values
Worst diet app I've ever used
This app is terrible. It's not user friendly at all, it doesn't calculate your blocks correctly, the only foods you can choose from to log are prepackaged frozen meals (what?!), and it keeps resetting itself after I enter my goals. Based on the reviews from the paid version it's not any better either. Definitely do not download.
Food and exercise database is limited
Not many usual foods are in database. I would rather just be able to enter blocks or check off blocks. Exercises are focused in Crossfit exercises.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: May 13, 2013
- Version: 1.56
- Size: 10.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Morton
- © KJM Production
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.