By Forvo Media SL
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Improve your pronunciation with Forvo! This brand new iPhone version of Forvo Pronunciation Guide lets you listen to, learn and record pronunciations in over 340 languages.
The official Forvo app is powered by pronunciations from forvo.com - listed as one of Time Magazine's 50 Best Websites in 2013.
* Search for words and listen to pronunciations from native speakers
* English pronunciations, French pronunciations, German pronunciations, Chinese pronunciations, Spanish pronunciations and hundreds more
* More than 4 million pronunciations available
* Compare different accents for the same word in the same language
* Listen to male or female voices
* Now featuring Forvo eLearning!
* Keep track of your recently listened to pronunciations
* Works with your forvo.com account
* Exchange instant messages with other Forvo users
* Record pronunciations in your native language and help fellow learners!
* Request pronunciations from Forvo's thriving community
* Learn to pronounce properly in over 340 languages
Forvo pronunciations are all made by native speakers making this app a fantastic tool for language learners, voice artists, linguists and those simply curious to find out how to correctly pronounce words!
What's New in Version 3.5
Minor bugs and stabilize the app
Extremely valuable 🤓👏👏👏
Being able to find actual people pronouncing words instead of computer generated voices is wonderful for learning correct pronunciation. I am studying the Russian language and there are subtleties that computer just don't get (yet). This app is still buggy and in an hour of use crashed a few times. But that is ok because it is easy to just start it up again and continue searching for pronunciations. This app deserves high marks in spite of its flaws. Bravo!
Great resource - landscape please!
As an audiobook book narrator, I have used Forvo as a great resource for years. There is only one drawback in my mind to this app. It is portrait alignment only. For some reason the designers haven’t added a landscape option if you turn your iPad to the side.
I've found it useful in my quest to master Swedish. Other apps have pronunciations buffet they're are machines and more very good. The fact that these are locals pronouncing the words of their language is really useful.