Wattpad - Free Books and eBook Reader
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join millions who love Wattpad - the world’s unlimited, ever growing library of FREE stories.
A TOP 5 BOOK APP FOR 3 YEARS!
• Free stories and books written by published and aspiring authors, writers and creators
• Search popular genres and trending topics to find any story you can imagine. The latest Poot Lovato meme? Yeah, we got that.
• Follow stories as they are written and get updates for new chapters.
• Connect with writers and other readers, using text, emoji, emoticons... all the reactions. Binge read, leave comments on stories and discuss the newest plot twists!
• Save to your library and share what you’re reading with your friends. You can even make gorgeous quote art to share on Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and all the rest.
• Write your own stories. Share your writing with the supportive Wattpad community and finally finish that novel (or listicle) you've been talking about.
• Download stories and books to the app so you can read offline
• Personalized recommendations of stories to read - let our algorithms take care of you
• Stay connected to your stories with a newsfeed of updates and comments from friends
• Sync all your stories and ebooks between your iPhone, tablet, and computer
Millions of stories to choose from:
• Choose from popular romance, fanfic, non-fiction, mystery, fantasy, memoirs, travelogues, sci-fi, short stories, poetry and memes.
• Popular cast celebrities: Kylie Jenner, Harry Styles, Luke Hemmings, Rihanna, Tyga, August Alsina, Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, Drake and Kim Kardashian.
• Works by well-known authors and poets: Scott Westerfeld, Tyler Oakley, Margaret Atwood, Paulo Coelho, RL Stine, Dan Brown, Anna Todd, Christopher Pike, Pharrell, Felicia Day, Jennifer Armentrout, Meg Cabot, Marissa Meyer, Gena Showalter, Hugh Howey, Kevin J Anderson, Maureen Johnson and many more.
• Trending fan fiction: Anime, Supernatural, Twilight, One Direction, Harry Potter, 1d, Naruto, Manga, Star Wars, The Walking Dead, Percy Jackson, Hunger Games, 5SOS, Kpop, Divergent, Arrow, Fifth Harmony.
• The classics: Alice in Wonderland, Sherlock Holmes, Romeo & Juliet, Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, The Art of War, Pride & Prejudice, Shakespeare and much more.
• Find stories and reviews from new reading lists and book clubs.
Wattpad has been featured in publications like The New York Times, MacWorld, The Guardian and Washington Post. Here’s what people are saying:
"Wattpad opens the doors and enlarges the view in places where the doors are closed and the view is restricted." - Margaret Atwood
"Wattpad is exciting because there is the opportunity to create content with depth." - Vincent Lam
"Connecting readers and writers — Publishers need to establish a direct relationship with their customers, and this is something Wattpad excels at."
- O'Reilly Media
"I love Wattpad!!" - Thousands of App Store reviews
Discover the next 50 Shades of Grey!
What's New in Version 6.7.7
The Update catches up to me in the elevator, sticking out his long arm and wrenching the door open so he can step inside. Typical Update, but I can’t say I’m not happy to see him.
“Got something for me today?” I ask him and he winks. Again with the winks, the cheeky bugger.
“I got a list as a matter of fact,” he says. He’s proud of himself. This better be good.
“Alright, let’s hear it,” I say.
The Update licks his lips before starting. "Story Parts. You heard of ‘em? Them numbers are gonna start showin' up everywhere, man.” He gestures widely with his hands, “Everywhere.”
I nod. “And?”
"Last read date issues are over, man. And those pesky sharing issues. Now when you receive a story link from a pal via private message, you’ll see the jazzy cover rather than a lengthy link. You better believe I zapped those bugs right in the face. Also, reading views are updated.”
“Whoa, whoa, hold your horses! You’re going too fast.”
“Can’t help it! I’m on a roll like cottonelle!”
“Is that a Drake lyric?"
He just smirks. “One more thing. I’ve added controls to all video. You can now seek through video everywhere on the app. How’s that sound?”
“Swell.” I say plainly. I don’t wanna inflate his ego too much, but I’m damn well pleased.
The elevator doors open and he leaps out, but before the door closes, I hear him chime, “Don’t forget to leave me a review. Makes me feel special.”
This is the best app in the world and I'm on it everyday. But let's put that aside and look at it from an author on wattpads point of view. I used to love how we had the three big white boxes for each chapter. It was a lot easier for me to compare the views, votes and comments between each chapter. But the main thing that I'm not loving is that i would receive an email telling me I have a comment but it won't be in my notifications center. Or when I randomly scroll through my chapters every once in a while, I see comments that I didn't even know where left on my book. But that's about it because I'm addicted to this app and I think there's no better way to spend your school hours than reading on wattpad. That remind me, when you put the autoscroll mode, I don't think the rabbit is fast enough. You should make an option for a bit faster. And the books I've been reading haven't been going to my library which I weird because I have to go search and read the book from there.
Love this app though even with its flaws.
Warning: Wattpad is highly addictive
I've been on Wattpad for almost four years and it's only fair that I thank Wattpad for the endless hours of awesomeness. Sure I've stayed up way too late on school nights, I've avoided social interaction on multiple occasions, and I may be in love with more fictional characters than I can count - but none of that's important. Unfortunately even Wattpad has its flaws. There is a high supply of awful, cliche, shallow books;books so bad that they're funny. Wattpad has groups that support and spotlight the hidden treasures and it's pretty cool. Whatever genre you want, they have it. Now on to writing. Writing on Wattpad is fun, scary but fun. There are small contests and big contests, various writing prompts, and you can make your own covers! It really cultivates the creativity of aspiring authors.
Oh and the social reading is ridiculously fabulous. The comments on books are sometimes better than actual books.
Growing up, I never really liked reading. But my best friend convinced me to get an app called Wattpad, when I got it I found many amazing books! I fell in love with reading, I became a student in my class that read a lot of books very quickly! I love to read now, and many features in this app are very helpful.
One of the features is messaging. With Wattpad it becomes very easy for me to keep in touch with friends. Another feature being it doesn't take wifi to read books in your library. Without Wattpad I wouldn't have much to do during car rides. My family travels a lot too, do it keeps me busy. Also, I find it interesting that in the update info it's a story. I actually take the time to read the update list, this is the only app I do it with.
This app is wonderful, please try it out. You won't regret this addictive, fun app! 😊☺️
- Category: Books
- Updated: Apr 26, 2016
- Version: 6.7.7
- Size: 53.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WP Technology, INC
- © 2015 WP Technology Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 Wattpad Reaction$0.99
- 5 Wattpad Reactions$2.99
- 1 Wattpad Reaction$0.99
- 10 Wattpad Reactions$4.99