Free RSS Reader
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create a personal news feed and read your favorite websites and blogs in a clean and intuitive format. Subscribe to as many feeds as you want and keep up on all topics and sources you care about.
Free RSS Reader is loaded with features:
• Follow unlimited news sources (RSS/Atom)
• Flag articles (just tap & hold the headline)
• Scan feeds one-by-one or put together
• Open links using the In-App Browser
• Add articles to Reading List and Pocket
• Share on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn*
• Forward articles via email and text
Get Free RSS Reader today and focus on the news that matter to you.
* Please ensure you have added these accounts in your iOS device's settings.
What's New in Version 1.1
Free RSS Reader is now available on iPad!
Here's what else is new or fixed:
• Buttons to go to next or previous article
• Landscape mode (rotate your device)
• Zooming/scaling of article web sites
• Reorder your feeds (tap the wrench)
• Article links can be opened in Safari
– Link behind the lower-right more-button
• # of unread articles is no longer hidden
• # of unread articles shows accurate value
• Enhanced, brighter app icon
• Improved reading view with bold titles
Thank you so much for emailing us your feedback and ideas. Please continue to send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simple, but too simple?
I looked at this before and I still like the simple, clean interface. But it's missing a back-end tool like Feedly. I read across multiple devices (e.g. I leave my phone downstairs but like to read news in morning when getting out of bed on old phone) and like that Feeddler uses Feedly (among others) for syncing. (I do not like Feedly's pictures and want the simplicity of text to skim.)
If you want a simple reader and only on one device, this is nice. But if you like to keep everything backed up in case you lose your phone or you like to read across multiple platforms, another reader may be for you.
History: I was previously looking for a replacement to Feeddler RSS when I found this because Feeddler was having compatibility issues with a major iOS upgrade. It was later upgraded, but I'm now getting some glitches on Feeddler with iOS 8.4 that are manageable. I'm looking around again but probably going to stick with Feeddler
I tried four different readers -- this one I love. All I want is an easy-to-use RSS reader. This is it. Super intuitive. Could rename feeds easily (couldn't figure that out in two other "highly recommended" readers), rearrange, see unread feeds, open up whatever I needed easily.
Don't need bells/whistles -- just an RSS feed aggregator/reader. Appreciate this one.
PS don't discount the trouble I had with other readers. I'm on my phone/computer all day for work. If "user error" causes problems for me, then I don't need to use whatever it is. I love that this reader is simple. Open it up - bam! Can see everything I need to see. Don't need to click half-dozen times to get to right folder or document.
I have been using this program for years. I tried others , but old school RSS by source works best for me.
However this program does not function at all anymore. When I first started having issues I removed some feeds to free up resources. Latest update has made the program fail everytime. I tolerated it when I was forced to kill the program each time to simply run. Now that doesn't work. Please stabilize app, as of today I am forced to change programs. I may check back. Thanks for years of great basic service.
- Category: News
- Updated: Mar 08, 2015
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 0.7 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Erik Wegener
- © 2015 wegenerlabs. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.