Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A modern take on the Tactical Turn-Based genre with cross-platform multiplayer over Mobile iOS Devices, Mac and PC.
"Frontline Tactics is just about as perfect a free-to-play model as you'll ever find in a game." - Gamespy
★★★★★ "It's Strategically fun like chess mixed with call of duty."
★★★★★ "cross platform multiplayer is awesome!!"
★★★★★ "A deep and rewarding turn based stategy"
2025 - A small splinter military group led by mad man; Akhali Muhamar threatens to take over the oil-rich nation of Fahrahn. The country is a large oil supplier to the Western world and national interests are threatened. An elite group of soldiers are called in to quell the uprising and attempt to maintain peace through military action before it turns into full scale war.
Frontline Tactics lets you command a modern, elite fighting unit over various missions; from defending and controlling a location or asset to all-out elimination and survival. Outfit your soldiers with modern weapons, armor and equipment and give them the skills to succeed on the battlefield. Play against a merciless and cunning AI in single player or battle it out in multiplayer in versus or coop modes over multiple platforms; iPad, Mac and PC .
• A highly addictive military tactics game that can be played over multiple desktop and mobile platforms
• Realistic world setting with authentic-looking character models, weapons and armor
• Customize your soldiers for each mission with weapons, armor, equipment and skills to survive in the battlefield
• Unique and dynamic battle order system keeping the battlefield lively and demanding
• Single player with completely realistic AI
• Multiplayer modes; versus and coop that allow you to battle against or with real players in numerous missions
• Unlock various Achievements as you move closer to victory
Please note this game allows you to purchase items in the game for real money. Please disable in-app-purchases on your device if you don’t want this feature to be accessible.
What's New in Version 1.1
• New shop with more items.
• Auto added grenade to Small Arms and CQC.
• Enemy units will not attack on their first turns.
• Target enemy unit now highlighted in initiative list + name is displayed.
• Enemy strength increased for coop.
• Rebalanced certain levels.
• Minor bug fixes.
• Updated networking code.
Best strat game on the app store
Ive played alot of strategy games on the app store and this ones got me stuck let me tell you why first off you can actually work for unlocks maps soldiers new play modes and even credits, the Enemy AI is perfect and well designed they actually fight back, the customizations for each soldier and proficiency is great, maps are good for quick play, and crossfires help make the battles easier. The only changes i would make is make the AI play faster, maybe add items that explode like cars and weapon crates but only like 1 or two weapon crates you can blow they up or pick it up for a chance of cash or soldier atk and def upgrade for the map, more guns!! And add more skills to the proficiencies. Other than that keep the game the way it is just make it better!!! If you make a $4.99 version or however you wanna charge it add credits
Good mechanics, balance needs work
Overall, a pretty fun game. The turn based tactics are good. A reasonable cover system and lots of fun choices for different guns.
However, I gave it 3 stars because I liked this game less and less as I played it. Here are the issues:
- Balance seems way off. Several of the maps seem impossible because they are so small you're immediately overwhelmed. Maps need to be larger and provide some cover up front so you can set up a defensive position
- Buying better gear doesn't seem to help as the enemy also gets the same equipment. Adding more team members just results in more enemies. It makes it feel like upgrades make you weaker, not stronger.
- Not always clear which objects you can take cover behind. Needs to provide some visual aid to show you what counts as cover before you move.
- Once you pick a type of gun to use, you can't change it.
I really like it .... But ....
I REALLY Love this app, the super realistic 3-D totally blew me away, i have never seen more realism in that when you pan around, looking down on a village, it REALLY looks like you could reach in and pick up a building. So COOL... B U T ---->
I am about to contact this app's developer to ask them to fix a VERY, VERY serious problem, which if fixed would take this 3 to 4 star app to 5 plus stars. When moving a soldier across an area of the battlefield, one or more enemies will actually appear, sometimes right in front of the man being moved and when this happens (frequently) there is no "Undo". Once your guy starts moving there is no way to recall him.... then... POW !!!! he gets blasted. This MUST BE fixed soon or the app go's in the TRASH.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 20, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 148 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Meridian4
- 2012 © Meridian4. All rights reserved. Frontline Tactics is a trademark of Full Control. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 800,000 Credits$9.99
- Close Quarters Combat$5.99
- 400,000 Credits$4.99
- 160,000 Credits $1.99
- 1,920,000 Credits$19.99
- 240,000 Credits$2.99
- Remove Ads$0.99
- 3,000,000 Credits$29.99