***Awarded with the “Comenius EduMedia Seal 2012“, for exemplary educational media.***
Frosty the snowman is a witty story with appealing illustrations and playful animations which is powerfully told and accompanied by many sounds. Children aged 5 to 10 years can practice reading with the app and start reading English and German.
- Fun learning with the functions and animations
- Created especially for children learning to read
- Read-out mode and learning mode
- English reading text displayed word by word in learning mode
- German reading text displayed syllable by syllable in learning mode
- Practice correct German pronunciation
- Combination of methodical and didactic learning
- Quiz: reading comprehension
- Memory game: vocabulary work
About the publisher
Mildenberger Verlag is a specialised publisher for schoolbooks and teaching and learning materials for primary schools in Germany. The syllable technique is already being used successfully in many schools for learning to read and write.
minor bugfixes and optimization
Ratings and Reviews
Do not buy for young children. Not worth $4.
Not the version of Frosty we in the US grew up with. Boring story becomes even more boring when illustrations fade out to text while story is read. Kids want to look at the pictures while being read to! Sorry I wasted my money.
Not a very good reading book very glitchy
My kids love the read along and read to me books but this the first one after two pages my kids were wanting a different book. I will admit I only used the book in english setting. Page turning was not smooth and took a lot of swipes to go to next page. The voice narration didn't make any sense, you click on a character and they say a line but cannot get the whole story out. The word by word was incredibly slow for such a long paragraph. Too bad my kids love frosty but will never read this book again. $5 gone
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.