- iCloud synchronization over iCloud Documents
- keyboard centric
- global shortcuts (clipboard save / search field)
- markdown and RTF markup (files stored on disk as plain/text and rich text)
- markdown preview mode
- elastic three pane view (vertical and horizontal layout)
- blazing fast and lightweight
- open files in finder / works with external editors (changes seamless live sync with UI)
- pin/unpin important notes in top
- multi folder storage
- markdown code highlighting with over 170 languages
- markdown images live preview
- Adds Menu item to copy note title
- Adds Shortcut to copy note to clipboard done
- Fixes [Bug] Edit -> Substitutions are reset when FSNotes restarts done
- Fixes spelling and grammar settings are not preserved across restarts done
- Fixes [Bug] Opening a file with MacVim as the external editor launches two MacVim windows done
Ratings and Reviews
Good and getting better
Many note-taking apps are available for the Mac, but FSNotes is the one I use because:
* The sidebar is a useful tool for organizing notes into folders.
* The search-and-create bar is a simple but convenient way to create new and search existing notes--and search is very fast.
* Notes are stored as simple text files, which allows for their easy management and retrieval.
* FSNotes has many small conveniences, such as automatic closing quotes and braces, variable note-list spacing, vertical and horizontal orientations, and tags.
* The developer responds quickly to bug reports and requests for new features.
Many note-takimg apps try to do too much, and, in the process, become slow and cumbersome. For ease of use, speed, and support, FSNotes is an excellent choice.
This program works well on my Mac, runs fast, and is light on system resources.
Nice App, some feature are needed
The idea ist good. However pls add PDF/Word export feature to the app. As well as ablity to print the ducuments.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.