Fuel Flite - Fuel Tankering Calculator
By Two G Software LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Fuel Flite is saves you money on the fuel bill for your airplane! A flight involving 3 or more airports can quickly compound the problem of deciding where to tanker fuel to reduce the total fuel cost. Various fuel prices, ramp fees, and takeoff/landing limitations can quickly increase the number of variables you need to take into consideration.
If you fly multi-leg trips and operate in a small to medium-sized flight department, or are even a private aircraft owner, then you need Fuel Flite. Fuel Flite is a straightforward app that uses a complex algorithm to recommend the most cost-effective place and amount of fuel to uplift. Simply enter the specifications for your aircraft and trip details, and let Fuel Flite guide you to saving money on your fuel bill.
The free version of Fuel Flite allows:
* 2 aircraft profiles.
* 3 airports/2 flight legs in a calculation, producing 2 recommended fuel orders.
The Pro In-App Purchase Upgrade allows:
* 10 aircraft profiles.
* 5 airports/4 flight legs in a calculation, producing 4 recommended fuel orders.
Fuel Flite outputs the following information (for all airports except the last):
* recommended fuel to uplift.
* whether it is cheaper to pay the ramp fee or uplift the minimum to waive the fee.
* total cost for that airport.
* landing fuel amount.
* takeoff fuel amount based on recommended fuel uplift.
The app works with:
* piston or turbine aircraft of any weight.
* fuel amounts in pounds, kilograms, gallons, or litres, and weight amounts in lbs or kg. Conversion rates are customizable.
Fuel Flite allows you to create aircraft profiles which include:
* structural max. takeoff weight.
* structural max. landing weight.
* basic operating weight/empty weight.
* max. zero fuel weight.
* max. fuel capacity.
* IFR/VFR reserve fuel.
* standard taxi fuel
For each airport and leg, you input the following:
* fuel prices (at different volume discounts, via In-App Purchase)
* facility/ramp fee.
* minimum fuel uplift to waive facility/ramp fee.
* fuel burn to destination.
* fuel burn to alternate.
* payload for a flight leg.
* max. takeoff weight - nonstructural/performance limited.
* max. landing weight - nonstructural/performance limited.
Upgrades available via In-App Purchase include:
* Airport Saver: The info (fuel prices, facility fee, and minimum fuel uplift) for each airport that you enter is saved in a database. This information is then recalled and instantly appears once you type the same Airport Name/ID. Export/import ability allows sharing your airport database with your other devices, friends, and colleagues!
* Pro: Increases the storage capacity for aircraft profiles from 2 to 10 and increases the maximum number of airports that can be used in a fuel calculation from 3 to 5.
* Independent Unit Selection: Select the units for any fuel or weight amount independently from any other fuel or weight amount. Without this upgrade, the units that are selected in the ‘Options’ menu are used uniformly for all aircraft, airports, and flight legs. With this upgrade, you can enter any possible combination of pounds, kilogram, gallons, or litres for the different fuel/weight amounts. -- perfect for multi-national flights!
DISCLAIMER: Fuel Flite does not claim to be flight planning software. It is important to remember that this program is only a guide. The sole responsibility for ensuring the safety of flight, including fuel planning, rests on you, the pilot in command or aircraft operator. Various factors influence the decision on the amount of fuel to purchase that these programs do not consider (such as ATC delays and variations in wind speed). By utilizing Fuel Flite, you assume all risk and liability in its use and hold Two G Software LLC and its employees and agents not liable for any damage, personal injury, or lost profits.
What's New in Version 1.3.2
Update for iOS 8 compatibility.
We love the program. Wish it had a better way to train each crew member but overall a great little app.
Very handy and useful. Makes it very simple to plan with all the 3 options to build database, profiles, and convert to gals, worth the $9.97.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 18, 2014
- Version: 1.3.2
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Two G Software LLC
- © 2013 Two G Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro: 5 Airports / 10 Profiles$2.99
- Airport Saver$2.99
- Independent Unit Selection$2.99