*** WINNER OF POCKET GAMER BIG INDIE PITCH 2016! ***
Full of Stars is a story-driven space journey game about humanity's survival.
The journey will be a test of both your skill and your humanity.
When a galaxy-wide war destroys planet after planet, humanity finds itself on the brink of extinction. Scared refugees scattered across the stars looking for safety. Luckily, they find you - a daring space captain, willing to bring them to a safe haven. You'll need to lead them through dark and unknown parts of the galaxy, remnants of long-dead galactic empires, and sectors overrun by alien life forms.
* Wildly intuitive mechanics of an arcade game with a gut wrenching story, where every choice matters.
* High replayability inspired by rogue-like games, with branching world exploration and random encounters to make each of your many playthroughs a unique experience.
* A challenging gameplay which highlights the core theme of the game - survival at all cost.
* Upgrade your ship and prepare for the challenges ahead
* Expand and upgrade your safe heaven
* Exciting levels which combine the best features of a handcrafted experience with the diversity of procedurally-generated environment.
* An original mix of graphics where the retro direction meets modern approach.
* Music which adapts to the gameplay composed by Jan Sanejko and Marcin Przybyłowicz (known for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)
* Riftinity Mode - compete with other pilots to achieve best score
- Superpowered screen added
- Improved loading sequence
Ratings and Reviews
Think you can dodge asteroids? If you play this, you'll find out.
Good, but some things need fixing
This game is extremely fun and well made. The in app purchase currency feels fair to collect in-game and the gameplay is very enjoyable. However, there are a couple issues, if fixed, would VASTLY improve the game. First, the music glitch. Sometimes I will want to listen to some music while I play, but if you try to enter the rift(actual game) while music is playing the game will freeze for a minute unless you pause the music, and if you don’t pause it the game will crash. In addition to that, occasionally there will be some lag that kills me, but that doesn’t happen often so it’s not much of a problem. Second, battles. For some reason, during the bounty hunter fight, when I was skipping some dialogue so I could get to recharging my shield, it automatically sent me to the “how do you want to escape from combat” option. With the bounty hunter at 69% health, two people on my ship, and a broken shield, escape was not what I wanted to do! I didn’t have enough crystals to do an instant escape, so I was forced to try a normal rift jump... and it killed me. I had gotten further than ever, and the end of this journey infuriated me. The simple solution is to add a third option to the escape combat choices: don’t escape and continue fighting. The shield recharge also has this option, so why shouldn’t the escape? I hope the developers see this post to fix these issues so I can give this game the 5 star review it deserves.
A Sceptic’s Favorite Game
I have played a few games in my day, and even quit trying to find good iOS games for a long time. I am very sceptic when it comes to games. But this is a gem. The music and design is just the start. I’ve been playing Full of Stars for just less than a year now (although it got lost so I had to start over), and I’ve gambled with pirates, defeated bounty hunters, blown stuff up, talked to alien viruses, and died many times. It is the first choose-your-story game I found that actually lets you choose your story, as every journey has countless different experiences, choices, and overall outcomes. Each journey plays over into the next, so if you die or reach your goal, the story does not end, it only grows, never ending. The amount of mystery is just as inspiring to continue playing. What is the deal with 7s? I don’t know yet. Why did the war start? I’ll only find out when my colony is at a high enough level. Finally this game is hard. Really, really hard. The flight is very challenging until you get a good hang of it. To make it more hardcore, if you die, you die. Its final. You start over at the very beginning, a new person. All that remains of the old pilot is his legacy and his ship. I can honestly say this is probably my favorite game.
- ARS THANEA ROZBICKI SPOLKA KOMANDYTOWO AKCYJNA
- 364 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © ATGames / Ars Thanea S.A.
- In-App Purchases
- 70 Idium Crystals $1.99
- Unlimited Core $3.99
- 250 Idium Crystals $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.