Gaia GPS - Topo Maps, Trails, and Tracker for Hiking, Biking, Camping, and Hunting Offline
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured in Apple's latest "Your Verse" story
"Best Smartphone App 2014"
Trailrunner - http://bit.ly/1fjsQ94
"Gaia GPS can get you where you want to go, no matter where you are."
FOXNews, TappedIn - http://bit.ly/iCqKVp
"6 essential iPhone apps for your hike"
USA Today - http://usat.ly/1i2wlBQ
►► About Gaia (guy-yuh)
Painstakingly crafted since 2009, Gaia GPS offers the full functionality of a handheld, backcountry GPS unit, with the best outdoor maps on the App Store.
Today, six hikers contribute to the support and development of Gaia GPS. You can always get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Gaia comes from Greek mythology - she is the Goddess of the Earth, or Mother Nature.
• preview all maps online at www.gaiagps.com/maps
• download worldwide topo, road, and aerial maps
• includes the best government topo maps for the US and Canada (USGS, USFS, NRCan)
• unlimited downloads for offline use - no extra charges
• use Gaia everywhere - iPhone, iPad, iPod, and online at cloud.gaiagps.com
• sync your tracks, photos, maps, and waypoints to all of your devices
• share links to tracks and photos, via email, Facebook, Twitter, SMS, and more
• keep your data backed up, effortlessly
►► Map Tools
• record tracks, waypoints, and take geo-tagged photos
• display NEXRAD radar, track data, and Gaia POI data with webpages from our search engine
• import and export GPX/KML files, by iTunes, Safari, DropBox, and email
• customize all aspects of Gaia, including units, coordinates types, color and sound, and more
Subscribe to GaiaPro to get premium maps, features, and support. Subscribe monthly, yearly, or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you aren't sure.
* use cloud.gaiagps.com to print maps and plan routes
* download multi-layered maps - mix and set opacity for many layers at once
* use MapBox cloudless aerial and street maps, the best and most up-to-date OpenStreetMap available
* view weather forecasts from Wunderground
* set custom icons for waypoints you create
* sync high-resolution photos to GaiaCloud
* dedicated email and phone support from within Gaia GPS Settings
To manage your subscription:
• TURN OFF auto-renewal via the main Settings app: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
►► IMPORTANT - IPOD TOUCH AND WIFI ONLY IPADS - This application will not be fully functional on these devices, unless you have an external GPS attachment. The GPS Recorder and compass will be inactive. You will be able to view maps and waypoints, but you cannot record tracks.
►► GPS WARNING - Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 8.1
Gaia 8.1 allows you to publish tracks, and has a bunch of other minor improvements and bug fixes.
* publish tracks, directly from the app (button on Track Details)
* new interactive start-up screen, instead of just showing release notes
* reset password option when not logged in
* monthly option for pro
* Apple driving directions now start in navigation mode
* fixed issue logging in if Facebook password has changed
* fixed width of map layers menu after returning from download view
* fixed humidity label for weather
* added snow icon for weather
* made it more obvious you can show stats from Track Details page
* fixed dates on tracks synced to cloud
* removed odd alert when importing
* fixed adding a map source while app is closed
* fixed bugs related to making certain UTM coordinates
I like that it comes standard with half a dozen maps to choose from. Some features are a little less than obvious, but once I learned them, it's pretty straightforward. There is also a user's manual hidden away amidst the settings. Battery consumption (on an iPad Air) is modest, and it will keep recording a track even when the screen is powered off with what I would call the power button.
Excellent app and support
These guys are responsive, constantly responding and delivering to suggestions. App continues to improve with every release. Strongly recommend it. My go to app for off-road. Great job!
Great navigation tool
Incredible how accurate this is. Learning curve's a little stiff... but well worth the money.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 26, 2014
- Version: 8.1
- Size: 20.0 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Trailbehind, INC.
- © 2010 TrailBehind Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases