A galaxy on the brink of destruction. Infinite waves of alien enemies. One heroic ship.
You know what to do. Fire up the engines, power up the laser chambers as the iconic space-faring
shooter returns for its 35th Anniversary in a shower of laser blasts, breathless barrel-rolls and smoking missiles.
The survival of the universe is once more at stake. They have an alien mothership of immense proportions, endless waves of ships bristling with high-tech weaponry and of course the sheer power of the boss Galaga...
You have your finger – a device capable of channelling years of arcade skill, honed sci-fi ability and steely determination into a single, ultimate weapon...
● The authentic retro, sci-fi experience returns for Galaga's 35th Anniversary.
● Weave through endless waves of original enemies, including the Bee, Butterfly, Scorpion and many more.
● Evade the treacherous tractor beam of Mother Galaga in battle against the huge alien boss!
● Play as Galaga fighter, as well as other legendary Namco starships including Xevious, Galaxian, Star Blade and many more.
● Double your firepower by rescuing captured friends' ships and merging into twin mode.
● Enhance your space-faring abilities by upgrading and leveling up your craft.
● Blast through alien waves with 4 unique abilities per ship including laser, explosive shot, space mines, ghost shield and more.
Have any problems or suggestions?
You can reach us at https://service.bandainamcoent.eu/app/list/p/7361
• Fly as the Prince of all Cosmos from the beloved Namco classic Katamari Damacy!
Ratings and Reviews
A classic gets a modern upgrade. Watch out, interstellar insects.
A Personal Favorite
Except perhaps for rescued ships leaving on a timer, this Galaga port has everything I could have hoped for in a modernized version of the arcade classic. Finger control on the iPad is excellent (with the possible exception of variations in bonus coin pickup by the different ships between levels). It is challenging, but possible to play totally for free, and as you save up, acquire and max out each of the unique ships, you can enjoy a nice variety of playing styles. Just be patient. I have done so for every ship, have over 300,000 available coins, 2800 warp capsules, and over 2600 replay tokens, and have never spent a dime on the game, not because the pricing was unreasonable, but because I didn't have to! To help provide some financial reward to the developers for their work on this great game, I have watched videos for daily bonuses, but can play entire matches without doing so if the need arises. I daily add 11 replay tokens to my total by playing all 11 levels, a task that normally takes around 15 minutes. My personal favorite ship is Starblade, but I enjoy the variety of options on each of the ships. I look forward to the next ship release, so I can add even more fun to my play experiences. I highly recommend this title!
I love this game, it’s just like playing the arcade version just with better graphics. I don’t like that it requires so many points to purchase another ship. Especially when you only get one point per destruction of the little spinning thingy. I feel like you should get more points for every spinning thing you destroy because they come every few hours and it’s a bit discouraging when you only have 31 but need over a hundred to unlock more ships. And why do I have to watch a video or pay 100 coins in order to use my second life... How does that even make sense? You start with two lives but have to pay for the second one... The extra ship concept is whack too, in the arcade version you keep both ships until it gets destroyed or recaptured... It’s still an awesome game I just wish these things were corrected ASAP, please and thank you.
I’m not sure if it’s intended but after watching a video for the final life it does not pause when your finger is not on the phone, but it pauses when you are playing while using your first life.
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe
- 150.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe
- In-App Purchases
- Welcome Pack $3.99
- Galaxian Ship $2.99
- Starblade ship $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.